Author Topic: Text before the program  (Read 2666 times)

brerin

Text before the program
« on: April 19, 2020, 06:23:10 pm »
Hey, I couldnt find this any where else on the board but apologies if this is not an appropriate question.

I'm a super new user, but I was wondering why there is a chunk of text above my output in the Terminal (Mac OS) when I compile and run. It say mymacbook$ /Applications/Codeblocks.app and on and on for a few lines before outputting my code.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Text before the program
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 07:06:04 pm »
Because console applications don't work well on macos... Starting terminal changed in some of the macOS releases and the code hasn't been updated to handle the change.

But this is just a guess with the little information you've provided. Please select all the text and paste it in a code or quote tag.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

brerin

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 09:14:32 pm »
Code
Last login: Sun Apr 19 14:58:14 on ttys000
/Applications/CodeBlocks.app/Contents/MacOS/cb_console_runner DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:. /Users/benjammin/Desktop/agin/bin/Debug/agin
BenjamisMacBook:~ benjammin$ /Applications/CodeBlocks.app/Contents/MacOS/cb_console_runner DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:. /Users/benjammin/Desktop/agin/bin/Debug/agin
Enter your name

cool, thanks for the reply. the "enter your name" is the first part of my program. the rest is what I'm wondering why its there! thanks!

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 09:33:55 pm »
Is this inside the terminal app or in some codeblocks window?
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

brerin

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 10:21:12 pm »
thats inside the terminal app

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 12:13:35 am »
I'm not sure we can do much about it... It is something the terminal is printing.