Author Topic: Code completion not working on external (GLib) library  (Read 3407 times)

Offline just_some_random_name

• Multiple posting newcomer
Code completion not working on external (GLib) library
« on: February 24, 2020, 02:23:38 pm »
Hello,
so I'm using multiple external libraries that work fine with code completion plugin.
However, I cannot get it to work with glib 2.0 (ubuntu package: libglib2.0-dev). To be precise - no hints are showing after typing few letters of the library's function (I'm able to compile without issue).
I have dev package of it installed, so I have all the headers files in /usr/include/

I tried to run codeblocks with --debug-log parameter, however, nothing interesting related to the issue showed up in the debug log.

I tried code completion in other editors (visual code), where I was able to see the hints. I guess there's issue with parsing the header files by codeblocks?  Is there any way how can I further debug?

Thanks!

System: Kubuntu 18.04
C::B: 17.12
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 02:32:19 pm by just_some_random_name »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Code completion not working on external (GLib) library
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 08:44:33 pm »
CC doesn't support macros and templates well. You can try to copy paste content from the glib headers in a new empty file/project until you find the thing which breaks it.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 07:45:52 am »
So my only chance is to modify the headers? No way to somehow configure CC?

Is CC being worked on? So if I find the offending issue in headers, will there be a chance for a fix to be implemented in CC?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 10:20:02 am »
So my only chance is to modify the headers? No way to somehow configure CC?
If it is caused by something not supported by the parser, then no setting could fix the problem.

Is CC being worked on? So if I find the offending issue in headers, will there be a chance for a fix to be implemented in CC?
I don't work on it, cannot comment for others. But if you don't log it the chance of it being fixed is close to 0.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 01:31:07 pm »
but if you don't log it the chance of it being fixed is close to 0.

Since last version was released 7 years ago, my hopes aren't exactly high, but I'll do my best. Should I use CB issue tracker? (https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/) ?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 08:28:22 pm »
Since last version was released 7 years ago, my hopes aren't exactly high, but I'll do my best.
What are you talking about? The last version has been released in December 2017 (January 2018 to be precise) and there is new release in the making.

Should I use CB issue tracker? (https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/) ?
Yes, thank you.

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 08:40:24 am »
What are you talking about? The last version has been released in December 2017 (January 2018 to be precise) and there is new release in the making.

I was talking about Code Completion plugin having latest release in 2013 (http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Code_Completion_plugin) with version 1.0 which is still in current codeblocks.

Of course, I know about CB 17.12. from 2017/2018 and I am very much looking forward for new CB! Keep up the good work, best C IDE there is on linux.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2020, 08:57:41 am »
Ignore those, they are rarely moved even though there are changes to the plugins...