User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Creating a new microprocessor template

(1/2) > >>

JimB:
Greetings software developer friends,

I created a template for a new Arm microprocessor currently not listed in the group of ARM micro selections.  Its a Cortex 4M.  The way I created it was simply to go into the templates folder for Codeblocks, copy the folder and files for the closest version of an ARM, and then modify it in a new folder to reflect the Cortex 4M.  My problem now is that Codeblocks won't recognize the new ARM offering, and I don't know how to properly register this new selection with Codeblocks.

Could someone who has some knowledge about these things please throw me a bone so that I can figure out how to use the Codeblocks IDE for my next development project?

Thank you very much!

JimB

stahta01:
If you are talking about a Wizard, you can edit the Wizard.

Tim S.

JimB:
Thanks so much for your reply.

I just edited the wizard for the arm processors, and then in a command prompt executed the templates master script (config.script) which executes the arm wizard.  However, now when I atempt to run codeblocks.exe, I get an error that says that the exe file that the shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, and that the script will no longer work.  I assume that this means that I have an error in my arm wizard that I modified, right?

I tried running that master script and send the output and error to a temporary file so I could see what was failing, however nothing was copied into that temporary file, though it was created. 

Does anything stick out to you that I am doing wrong?

JimB

stahta01:
I have no idea what you did wrong; but, I can not understand what you stated as having real meaning in what you should have done.

Tim S.

oBFusCATed:
@jimb: You have to call RegisterWizard with your wizard sometime at startup for this to work. Search for it and you'll see how it is done for the other wizards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version