Author Topic: Doxygen comment addin idea  (Read 14810 times)

takeshimiya

Re: Doxygen comment addin idea
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 05:20:42 pm »
No, I think the point is, C::B will be C::B. If it happens that most features are simmilar, it's just coincidence. It's not intended to be a clone of it.

Anyways, if I were looking after IDE features to implement, it would be IntelliJ IDEA, not MSVC.

FocusedWolf

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 05:25:34 pm »
Just my opinion, having never used it, but it's appearence is very vs like. Atleast SharpDevelop like, which is vs like...like second derivative of vs. http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/features/screenshots/interface.gif

Hmm yes should implement all it's features  :) , especially themes hehe

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 05:52:48 pm »
So saying you don't want a vs clone is saying you don't want to implement good features of every opensource text editor or ide in existence...just some...like collapsable text, class view, auto-complete, etc. Is that right?
(underlining added)

That phrase seriously makes me wonder whether you have actually ever used Code::Blocks, or whether you are just trolling.

Actually, you cannot possibly have looked at Code::Blocks before, or else you would know that all of this is certainly implemented.

The statement about not wanting to implement good features generally does not need any further comment, I trust?
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

takeshimiya

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006, 05:55:41 pm »
Just my opinion, having never used it, but it's appearence is very vs like. Atleast SharpDevelop like, which is vs like...like second derivative of vs. http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/features/screenshots/interface.gif

Hmm yes should implement all it's features  :) , especially themes hehe

It's obvious that the appearences of all IDEs will be simmilar.

But it's not about the appearences, instead about the features.

Just really want to look at this: http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/training/demos/overview.html
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 05:58:11 pm by Takeshi Miya »

FocusedWolf

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2006, 06:39:38 pm »
I have used codeblocks, and those features in C::B was what i was trying to point out. I was saying, you got this, this, and this... all that's left is a few features and you have a vs clone. Then i was saying, is that as far as you want to go? Because the features that make up a "vs clone" are good features that have roots in open source software.

This thread is getting pointless i sense, i should of just said "themes would be cool" and left vs cloning out of it  :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 06:48:01 pm by FocusedWolf »