Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

Unreadable font when testing wx-master

(1/4) > >>

Miguel Gimenez:
I have just compiled wx-master (88f04f5) with C::B head. My setup was using Fira Code 10 with Direct Write, but when starting the new C::B I got a microfilm font in the edit window (about 2x2 pixels per character, similar to what you get with Ctrl+wheel applied eight times).

Changing the font to Courier New 10 fixed the issue, and later I could return to Fira Code 10 getting a normal sized font.

oBFusCATed:
Do you have the original config file? Can you reproduce the issue? What happens if you move to the previous wx-master?

Miguel Gimenez:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on August 06, 2019, 07:01:47 pm ---Do you have the original config file? Can you reproduce the issue? What happens if you move to the previous wx-master?

--- End quote ---

I didn't have the original config file, but today I did the same steps in my home computer and the results are the same 100 %. Steps:
  - Check out commit 88f04f5, current wx-master
  - Activate DIRECT2D in setup.h and compile wx
  - Rebuild C::B with wx-master (you need to apply the patch in ticket 860 before)
  - Save apart default.conf
  - Run update31.bat
  - Start C::B from the output folder
  - The start page is OK
  - Open C::B workspace
  - You get a microfilm in the editor window
  - Switch font from Fira Code 10 to Courier New 10. Close Preferences
  - Switch font from Courier New 10 to Fira Code 10. Close Preferences
  - Now the font size is correct
  - Save apart default.conf

The default.conf diff is attached.

All these tests are made in MSW. I jumped straight from wx3.1.2 to yesterday's wx-master.

Miguel Gimenez:
I have just installed the last nightly in my home computer and I get again the microfont, just like in my C::B head/wxwidgets-master version.

The font is shown as MS sans serif, normal, but no size is shown (should be Fira Code, unless the nightly uses its own conf file).

If I set a size everything go back to normal.

stahta01:

--- Quote from: Miguel Gimenez on August 10, 2019, 11:32:10 am ---I have just installed the last nightly in my home computer and I get again the microfont, just like in my C::B head/wxwidgets-master version.

The font is shown as MS sans serif, normal, but no size is shown (should be Fira Code, unless the nightly uses its own conf file).

If I set a size everything go back to normal.

--- End quote ---

Do you have to do that each time you open Code::Blocks?
Or is it just on the first start of Code::Blocks?
(The second start does not need it to be done)

Tim S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version