Author Topic: Debugger suddenly does not work  (Read 3260 times)

Offline Manuel

• Single posting newcomer
Debugger suddenly does not work
« on: August 01, 2019, 04:03:11 am »
Hello, while working on a project that I've been changing to standar 90 from f77, the debugger stops working suddenly. I already changed another project larger than the one that is causing the problem. I attached the log of the debugger.

Code
Active debugger config: GDB/CDB debugger:Default
Building to ensure sources are up-to-date
Selecting target:
Debug
Adding source dir: D:\Cloud\Dropbox\Doctorado\03 Codigos\04 MyCreep\07 C B\Creep3\
Adding source dir: D:\Cloud\Dropbox\Doctorado\03 Codigos\04 MyCreep\07 C B\Creep3\
Adding file: D:\Cloud\Dropbox\Doctorado\03 Codigos\04 MyCreep\07 C B\Creep3\bin\Debug\Cr3.exe
Changing directory to: "D:/Cloud/Dropbox/Doctorado/03 Codigos/04 MyCreep/07 C B/Creep3/."
Set variable: PATH=.;D:\Programs\bin;D:\Programs;C:\Program Files\Tecplot\Tecplot 360 EX 2014 R2\bin;C:\Windows\System32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon;C:\Users\jmanr\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps

[debug]Command-line: D:\Programs\bin\gdb.exe -nx -fullname -quiet  -args "D:/Cloud/Dropbox/Doctorado/03 Codigos/04 MyCreep/07 C B/Creep3/bin/Debug/Cr3.exe"
[debug]Working dir : D:\Cloud\Dropbox\Doctorado\03 Codigos\04 MyCreep\07 C B\Creep3

Starting debugger: D:\Programs\bin\gdb.exe -nx -fullname -quiet  -args "D:/Cloud/Dropbox/Doctorado/03 Codigos/04 MyCreep/07 C B/Creep3/bin/Debug/Cr3.exe"
done

[debug]> set prompt >>>>>>cb_gdb:

Setting breakpoints

[debug]Reading symbols from D:\Cloud\Dropbox\Doctorado\03 Codigos\04 MyCreep\07 C B\Creep3\bin\Debug\Cr3.exe...done.
[debug](gdb) >>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> show version
[debug]GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6.1
[debug]Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
[debug]License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
[debug]This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
[debug]There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
[debug]and "show warranty" for details.
[debug]This GDB was configured as "mingw32".
[debug]For bug reporting instructions, please see:
[debug]<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set confirm off

Debugger name and version: GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6.1

[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set width 0
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set height 0
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set breakpoint pending on
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set print asm-demangle on
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set unwindonsignal on
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set print elements 200
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set new-console on
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set disassembly-flavor att
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> catch throw
[debug]Function "__cxa_throw" not defined.
[debug]Catchpoint 1 (throw)
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> directory "D:/Cloud/Dropbox/Doctorado/03 Codigos/04 MyCreep/07 C B/Creep3/"
[debug]Source directories searched: D:/Cloud/Dropbox/Doctorado/03 Codigos/04 MyCreep/07 C B/Creep3;$cdir;$cwd
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> py print(1+2)
[debug]Python scripting is not supported in this copy of GDB.
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> set $fortran_script_dir = 'D:\ProgramData\CodeBlocks_Fortran_v1.6_Win\share\codeblocks/images/fortranproject/'
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> source D:\ProgramData\CodeBlocks_Fortran_v1.6_Win\share\codeblocks/images/fortranproject/gdb_fortran_extensions_v1.0.py
[debug]D:\ProgramData\CodeBlocks_Fortran_v1.6_Win\share\codeblocks/images/fortranproject/gdb_fortran_extensions_v1.0.py:2: Error in sourced command file:
[debug]Undefined command: "import".  Try "help".
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> tbreak "D:/Cloud/Dropbox/Doctorado/03 Codigos/04 MyCreep/07 C B/Creep3/LD_C_Main.f90:18"
[debug]Temporary breakpoint 2 at 0x4034ba: file D:\Cloud\Dropbox\Doctorado\03 Codigos\04 MyCreep\07 C B\Creep3\LD_C_Main.f90, line 18.
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:
[debug]> run
[debug]Error creating process D:/Cloud/Dropbox/Doctorado/03 Codigos/04 MyCreep/07 C B/Creep3/bin/Debug/Cr3.exe, (error 193).
[debug]Starting program: D:/Cloud/Dropbox/Doctorado/03 Codigos/04 MyCreep/07 C B/Creep3/bin/Debug/Cr3.exe
[debug]>>>>>>cb_gdb:

Error creating process D:/Cloud/Dropbox/Doctorado/03 Codigos/04 MyCreep/07 C B/Creep3/bin/Debug/Cr3.exe, (error 193).

[debug]> quit

Debugger finished with status 0

I already searched the forum for error 193, in the same location is the other project and works fine. Nevertheless I tried directly in C: with the same error. Also I put the antivirus to not track that folder. Any suggestion would be really appreciated!

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Debugger suddenly does not work
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 05:36:27 am »
Did the project that worked have spaces in the path?
If no, I would see if removing the spaces help.

NOTE: There are reports that the GCC shipped with Code::Blocks was not good for doing FORTRAN programming. I forgot what the issues was.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Manuel

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 05:54:19 am »
Thanks for the answer Tim, and yes the other project has spaces too. I am working with the version of code blocks for fortran from this page: http://cbfortran.sourceforge.net/.

Also I forgot to mention that the project was working but as I input more subroutines I do not know what I do that provoques that error, I tried to undo everything but the problem persist. Any other ideas?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 06:00:17 am »
You are going to have to wait for a person who uses the debugger more than me to help you.

Sorry, Tim S.

--

Offline Manuel

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 06:02:18 am »
No problem, thanks for the response anyway Tim!

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 08:13:24 am »
This is an windows error message about executable not found/invalid, so you can try the following:
1) Do not use spaces or any other non ascii character in your project path
2) Rebuild everything with build->rebuild and try again
3) Is your gdb compatible with the compiler version?
4) Try to run the gdb and your executable from command line, outside of codeblocks and check if it works

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 08:22:09 am »
Code
D:/Cloud/Dropbox

I just noticed the above; I suggest if what BlueHazzard said fails.
To try it outside of the drop box because that might be the problem.

Tim S.
--

Offline Manuel

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 06:22:05 am »
Hello BlueHazzard, thanks for your sugestions.

1) I already try that without success.
2) same as above.
3) how can I check that?
4) also I've read that this could be done, but i am a newbie so can you point me to a page where I can follow some instructions to do this?

and Tim, I already try that too, but the path is not the problem, as the other project run the debugger without problems.

Again, thanks for your suggestions!

Offline Manuel

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2019, 07:20:38 am »
Ok I searched a little on youtube and I think I just found something to use the gdb. I try to run the code form the bin/debug folder and get the same error 193. I attached an image.