Author Topic: wxtrunk breaks compiling wxSmith; ctor of wxPGProperty has been made protected  (Read 18893 times)

Offline sodev

• Regular
Does this fail in any build?

Does your commit from yesterday fail in any build?

The answer to both questions is the same :).

The removal of the #ifdefs is the same like in my patch and the same like the current code already did in other locations so this doesn't change anything. The only question is if setting the readonly property is possible in previous propgrid versions.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
@sodev: This is not helpful.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline sodev

• Regular
Maybe i didn't understand your question correctly, i thought you wanted to know if this patch does do anything different than the last one you already applied in regard to features that may cause compatibility issues. I just confirmed that it does exactly the same like the last one plus that the other optimizations are safe.

If that wasn't your question, what was it then?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
No, this was not my question. The question is "which build fails without this patch".
I'm asking this because I can build the CodeBlocks_wx30-unix.workspace just fine without it.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
wxsChart uses wxParentProperty, jusrt like wxsStatusBar does. There where a build problem (identical to wxsStatusBar one) and both were fixed in commit 11783.

The issue fixed by this patch is making the wxParentProperty read only, like was done to wxsStatusBar in 11783.

Also I have unified some code using the macro NEW_IN_WXPG14X defined in wxsproperty.h just like wxsStatusBar does. No real change.

Offline sodev

• Regular
Compiling cb trunk (svn11763) with current trunk of wxWidgets fails within wxSmith plugin since yesterday (jun 29) with:

Doesn't build since 8c0a210a75e6790c8383b326cff7c434d8835f7f which is far ahead of wx30 ;).

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Doesn't build since 8c0a210a75e6790c8383b326cff7c434d8835f7f which is far ahead of wx30 ;).
So the build for you is failing? I'm on wx-master from yesterday and on linux everything builds. If you have build problem either post a build log or a patch.

Offline sodev

• Regular
The build was failing before CodeBlocks 11783 but is working since then.

The additional patch does not fix building but fixes 11783 which enables editing of elements which should not be editable simply because 11783 forgot to change these elements accordingly. I hope this clears the confusion.

1) wxparentproperty.patch + wxschart.patch -> Fix building by using readonly parent property
2) wxs-1-composed.patch -> Fix buildind by using composed parent property

1) and 2) are mutually exclusive, you applied only half of 1), the other half is missing :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 10:55:00 pm by sodev »

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Created ticket 853 with the patch in Reply #13

https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/853/