Author Topic: Keybinder v2 notes/problems  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Keybinder v2 notes/problems
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2019, 09:08:49 pm »
Another problem I've discovered is that a v2 file saved with wx28 build doesn't work on wx313 build on linux. I've tried relatively recent build. Please let me know if you need more details.

I cannot duplicate this error on Windows; nor on Linux Mint19 using wxWidgets 3.1.3 .

I suspect your .config/codeblocks directory already contains a [personality].cbKeybinder20.conf file.
In which case neither [personality].cbKeybinder10.ini nor ancient cbKeybinder10.ini will be scanned for key definitions.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 09:11:02 pm by Pecan »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2019, 09:43:06 am »
Yes, I'm migrating from v2 to v2, but for some reason the file generated by v2.wx28 doesn't work correctly with v2.wx31.
I've custom keybindings - ctrl-shift-f for view -> focus thread search is an example.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2019, 07:06:43 pm »
Yes, I'm migrating from v2 to v2, but for some reason the file generated by v2.wx28 doesn't work correctly with v2.wx31.
I've custom keybindings - ctrl-shift-f for view -> focus thread search is an example.

I cannot test this since ThreadSearch will not run with head.
I get asserts when CB loads ThreadSearch.

Why would anybody be building head with wx28. I thought we were dropping wx28.

Do you mean that you are attempting to use  (copy)[profile].cbKeyBinder20.conf build by wx28 on CodeBlocks built by wx31?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 07:36:24 pm by Pecan »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2019, 08:33:56 pm »
I have a centos7 build which is wx28. This is my regular build I use every day. It is not the latest version, but it is pretty new.
I want to migrate to wx3.x and I'm experimenting with a centos7 build which is using wx3.1.3.
This means that I was using wx28 for some time, then I've installed the new build which is now wx3.1.3 and I've discovered this breakage.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2019, 10:04:17 pm »
I have a centos7 build which is wx28. This is my regular build I use every day. It is not the latest version, but it is pretty new.
I want to migrate to wx3.x and I'm experimenting with a centos7 build which is using wx3.1.3.
This means that I was using wx28 for some time, then I've installed the new build which is now wx3.1.3 and I've discovered this breakage.

@oBFusCATed

I'm having trouble creating this situation. I must be mis-understanding.

Could you give me the exact steps to cause this problem, starting with:
  • 1 ) the orginal Codeblocks SVNversion# + wxVersion that created the original keybinder file.
  • 2) The new Codeblocks SVNversion# + wxVersion that you are now using that does not correctly translate the keybinder file made by #1 above.
  • 3) can you attach the original keybinder file that is causing the problem
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 10:06:59 pm by Pecan »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2019, 12:51:19 am »
1. no idea
2. 11925 probably
3. not possible before next year :)