Author Topic: Keyboard shortcut and C::B translation problem  (Read 9848 times)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Keyboard shortcut and C::B translation problem
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2019, 01:32:04 am »
I don't like that Next call tip will be ctrl-n and prev call tip would be ctrl-shift-p. I'd rather change both. Or just remove the shortcuts. I didn't know these existed, I'm using up and down arrows, they work just fine, not sure what is the benefit of using the shortcuts.

Ok, just get rid of them if nobody else objects. I've never used them myself.
It's also probable that nobody else uses them either, since there's been no complaints that they don't work.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 01:36:48 am by Pecan »

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2019, 02:41:40 pm »
In menuutils.cpp, line 940 and 941 there is the same string. The extracting tool using xgettext see these two lines as only one, with twice the same string proposed for translation and separated by a \n. In this case, in a wxASSERT, I suppose that only the english string is needed, not the translated one. May be a better code could be :
Code
    wxASSERT_MSG(data == NULL,
                wxT("wxMenuShortcutWalker does not use the 'data' parameter") // English only.
        );

and keep wxT (or _T) to be wx 2.8 compatible.

gd_on
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2019, 08:41:24 pm »
In menuutils.cpp, line 940 and 941 there is the same string. The extracting tool using xgettext see these two lines as only one, with twice the same string proposed for translation and separated by a \n. In this case, in a wxASSERT, I suppose that only the english string is needed, not the translated one. May be a better code could be :
Code
    wxASSERT_MSG(data == NULL,
                wxT("wxMenuShortcutWalker does not use the 'data' parameter") // English only.
        );

and keep wxT (or _T) to be wx 2.8 compatible.

gd_on
Fixed head rev 11742