Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

Problem compìling after r11701 (related to Direct2D)

(1/7) > >>

Miguel Gimenez:
After updating to r11701 I can't compile C::B due to this lines in PlatWX.cpp

--- Code: ---#if wxCHECK_VERSION(3, 1, 0) && defined(__WXMSW__) && !defined(HAVE_DIRECTWRITE_TECHNOLOGY)
    #error "You need to have Direct2D capable wxWidget build to build Code::Blocks. We want to support fonts with ligatures!!!"
#endif // wxCHECK_VERSION(3, 1, 0) && defined(__WXMSW__) && !defined(HAVE_DIRECTWRITE_TECHNOLOGY)

--- End code ---

I have changed wxUSE_GRAPHICS_GDIPLUS to 0 and wxUSE_GRAPHICS_DIRECT2D to 1 in my setup.h and recompiled wx3.1.2, but now I get linking errors when creating libwxscintilla.a:

--- Code: ---undefined reference to wxGCDC::AcquireHDC()
undefined reference to wxGraphicsRenderer::GetDefaultRenderer()

--- End code ---

and more like those. Which configuration should I use to get this to work?.

oBFusCATed:
Why do you disable wxUSE_GRAPHICS_GDIPLUS?

Unfortunately I don't remember what I did to enable direct2d. :(

Miguel Gimenez:
In a first step I only changed wxUSE_GRAPHICS_DIRECT2D to 1; wxWidgets compiled OK, but when linking C::B sdk the linker does not find the Direct2D functions.

I then read that Direct2D was intended to replace GDI+, so I disabled GDI+ just in case it was blocking Direct2D. This breaks libwxscntilla.a creation.

So I prefer asking before recompiling wxWidgets for a third time.

stahta01:
Operating System version?
wxWidgets version? 3.1.2

What happen to make you think it failed to find Direct2D functions?
Build error or what?

Tim S.

Miguel Gimenez:
Windows 10 64 bits
MinGW 7.2
wxWidgets 3.1.2 compiled in 32 bits

When I set wxUSE_GRAPHICS_DIRECT2D to 1 wxWidgets compiles OK, but when linking C::B sdk the linker does not find the Direct2D functions. I am now on a different computer, don't have the exact error messages at hand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version