Author Topic: Make project loading saving more verbouse  (Read 3809 times)

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Make project loading saving more verbouse
« on: May 25, 2019, 11:44:29 pm »
Add a progress dialog to inform the user of the status of project loading and saving.
At the moment codeblocks freezes and shows the "working" mouse cursor. Specially for large/many projects where saving can consume some time this is not user friendly.

We do not want to introduce UI code in the sdk part, so we probably have to give some UI-Interface-class pointer to the loading functions and if we run in headless mode this pointer should point to some console output printing?

Ideas? Suggestions?

[Edit:] Ticket on SF for patches https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/833/

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Make project loading saving more verbouse
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 11:50:28 pm »
Profile and make loading fast. There is no reason to be slow. :) Computers are fast, really fast.
If you have a project which is slow to load you can give it to me and I'll profile and fix it.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 01:17:30 am »
Load the workspace of codeblocks and you have your slow loading (you probably should also have some open editors per project so they all get opened during loading)....

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 01:36:14 am »
Yes, I know about this one and I also get annoying flickering. I'll get to it soon.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 01:54:00 am »
An other example is if you modify the compiler of a lot projects in a workspace with the "project options manipulator" and then save all projects...