Author Topic: Building issues  (Read 2983 times)

Offline landey

• Single posting newcomer
Building issues
« on: April 20, 2019, 11:06:49 pm »
When i try to build my code a new tab called iostream opens every time, and i cant check if my code is built properly or run it either.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Building issues
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 01:41:26 am »
Have you looked at the build log/build messages in the log & others? Are there any errors? You can click on lines in the build message to focus the editor on the line which causes the compiler to emit the error.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline landey

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 02:27:22 am »
thats the thing, i don't get any specific comments in my personal code. my code is 25 lines or so and when i try and build it it opens a new tab called ostream and theres about 300 lines with errors that i have no clue what they mean. one error i recall was that cout was not declared in this scope.

is there a way to attach pictures? this is the first forum ive ever used in truth and feel that might help.

Offline landey

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 02:45:18 am »
this is the issue

Offline landey

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 02:46:41 am »
before that other tab wouldn't open and i would simply see my code and what errors there were but now that second tab opens up and its gibberish to me.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 05:48:12 am »
Use a project! From the screenshot it looks like you compile a single file without a project, this can lead to various issues.

The error message indicates wrong search paths, its kind of weird that it could find even that header, but again, without a project and properly setup compiler, things like that can happen.