Author Topic: wxs File crashes Code::Blocks 17.12 when closed  (Read 3259 times)

Offline spflanze

• Almost regular
wxs File crashes Code::Blocks 17.12 when closed
« on: March 21, 2019, 04:08:31 am »
I am developing an application with wxSmith and wxWidgets 3.0.3. I changed the class name of a wxGrid type object in the Management pane's Resources tab. In addition to this, I did a project wide search and replace to update the name, and the wxs file was included. Now there is a sign that wxs file is corrupted because when the tab that shows its XML file source is closed, Code::Blocks crashes.

I know this is a bug, because it should have been able to indicate what is wrong, or fix it in its own, instead of crash and close. What I am not sure of is whether this is a Code::Blocks issue, or a wxWidgets issue. I need to know whether to place the bug report here on this site, or at https://wxwidgets.org/.

I am using wxWigets 3.0.3 because that was the most recent when this project started, and when I upgraded I got errors I do not have time to solve.

My OS is Windows 7
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 06:44:53 am by spflanze »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: wxs File crashes Code::Blocks 17.12 when closed
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 08:22:39 am »
If C::B is crashing then it is most probably bug in C::B.
To have someone have a chance of fixing this you would have to post the project.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 10:04:29 pm »
Or at least the wxSmith xml file that creates the crash...

Offline spflanze

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 06:35:11 am »
The project can be downloaded from:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rzac78eu0g2rnbb/TIA_Designer_2019-03-21.zip/file
The problem got worse. Now the wxs file appears four times in the tabs. Close any one of them and Code::Blocks 17.12 crashes.

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 09:35:11 am »
Works for me (W10, SVN11579, wx3.1.2).

Have you tried deleting/renaming the "TIA designer.layout" file?

P.S. Nice work; I use TIA with photodiodes in our sun trackers, but fortunately only near DC.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 09:38:19 am by Miguel Gimenez »

Offline spflanze

• Almost regular
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 05:16:30 am »
I changed the "TIA designer.layout" filename so I could bring it back if necessary, and so Code::Blocks would not find it just as if it were deleted. This solved the crash problem. Thanks. :)

Now I am able to see only the xml code in the wxs file. I am hoping that after I get it to compile the "TIA designer.layout" file will be regenerated and I will be able to see it.

My problem now is that between launches of Code::Blocks the setting at: "Settings => Compiler => Selected compiler" is not remembered. It reverts to the top most selection in the list when newly launched. What can cause this?

P.S. (Off Topic) The designer is based on Chapter 18 of "Building Electro-Optical Systems: Making It All Work" by Philip C. D. Hobbs. The transistor physics is based on "Electronic Principles: Physics, Models, and Circuits" by Paul E. Gray, and Campbell L Searle. A major problem with this project is that there is not a way to calculate a transistor's base spreading resistance for any given operating point, and frequency, from the manufacturer's supplied specifications. So the program's noise calculations will not be accurate in regard to this contributing noise source.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 09:35:20 am »
My problem now is that between launches of Code::Blocks the setting at: "Settings => Compiler => Selected compiler" is not remembered. It reverts to the top most selection in the list when newly launched. What can cause this?
This is by design.
Why do you want it to be remembered?
Why do you want to touch it so often?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline spflanze

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 03:59:32 am »
I found that it is remembered if the "Set as default" button is clicked on. I needed it remembered because there is only one compiler I need to use, and it is a waste of time to have to repeatedly set this.