Author Topic: save linker settings libraries  (Read 6659 times)

Offline blacksages

• Single posting newcomer
save linker settings libraries
« on: February 15, 2019, 12:13:35 pm »
Isn't it possible to add a feature so that in the linker settings, where I list the linked libraries, I could reuse a list of linked libraries I've already made?

I'm coding in c++, I don't know if the interface change for others projects.

But whenever I have to start a new project that needs the same libraries of another project (even just for quick testing) I need to relist every damn libraries and be CAREFUL of the order. This is very bothersome, and makes my codeblocks UX quite disatisfying.

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: save linker settings libraries
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 12:52:18 pm »
Certainly it is a hassle, specially with non-monolithic build of wxWidgets (in MSW) or extensive use of MSW API.

The easiest way would be adding a popup menu (or two buttons under the list box) named "Copy selected to clipboard" and "Paste".

I can try adding this, but only after devs pronounce favorably.

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 04:36:36 pm »
I haven't tried this, but there is an option to create a user template/model from a usable project. May be it's a good way to search ...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 06:02:51 pm by gd_on »
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 05:08:05 pm »
There is a plugin that is called libfinder. I think it adds the libraries automatically as needed to the project.
I have never used it and honestly i do not know what it does... Maybe you can look at it, and report back ;)
it is shipped with codeblocks, but as i said, no idea how it works... http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Library_Finder
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:18:54 pm by BlueHazzard »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 06:34:19 pm »
Also there is the project options manipulator plugin.

Also it is possible to write a script which adds the libs you want to have added. It would be 5-10-20 lines of code...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]