Author Topic: Missing functionalities of C::B when working with files w/o project?  (Read 4276 times)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Hello,

I have remarked that when working with a single file (w/o project), some functionality of C::B are not available, e.g.,:

• syntax highlighting
  • When compiler errors have found, C::B does not point to the first one as normally it does with files in a project

If I remember correctly, C::B is developed for working with projects more than with files w/o projects. Are the functionalities described above only provided when files are in a project.?

IMHO, it could be a good idea to have them even for single file w/o project.

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Missing functionalities of C::B when working with files w/o project?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 10:14:35 pm »
I 'm starting to regret having added support for project-less builds...  :roll:
I never really wanted to do this but I did to enable quick single-file tests. Please, don't ask for more. No serious IDE supports this. Only text editors with basic build capabilities support this.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 10:25:02 pm »
I 'm starting to regret having added support for project-less builds...  :roll:
I never really wanted to do this but I did to enable quick single-file tests. Please, don't ask for more. No serious IDE supports this. Only text editors with basic build capabilities support this.

Sorry. Normally, I always use C::B with projects and practically never w/o projects. It was just today that I wanted to fast test something that I have tried a file w/o project. I just felt a bit confusing (and thinking of a bug(s)) when I have remarked no syntax highlighting and debugging facilities. Anyway, I agree with you :D. An IDE should not support files w/o project, if not for fast testing or similar.

Michael

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 10:31:54 pm »
Anyway, about the syntax highlighting issue, maybe you were not using the latest revision? I committed a patch earlier today that should have fixed everything syntax-highlighting-related.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 10:34:24 pm »
Anyway, about the syntax highlighting issue, maybe you were not using the latest revision? I committed a patch earlier today that should have fixed everything syntax-highlighting-related.

Yes, right. I was using rev1980. With rev1984 syntax highlighting works fine :D.

Michael