Author Topic: wxSmith and Valgrind Pluggin Installation  (Read 7617 times)

Offline sodev

• Regular
Re: wxSmith and Valgrind Pluggin Installation
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2019, 12:44:33 am »
If you did this
Code
./configure --prefix=/opt/wx/3.0

but get this

Code
~/devel/trunk$ wx-config --libs

-L/usr/local/lib -pthread   /usr/local/lib/libwx_gtk2u_xrc-3.0.a /usr/local/lib/libwx_gtk2u_qa-3.0.a /usr/local/lib/libwx_baseu_net-3.0.a /usr/local/lib/libwx_gtk2u_html-3.0.a /usr/local/lib/libwx_gtk2u_adv-3.0.a /usr/local/lib/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.a /usr/local/lib/libwx_baseu_xml-3.0.a /usr/local/lib/libwx_baseu-3.0.a -lgthread-2.0 -pthread -lX11 -lXxf86vm -lSM -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -latk-1.0 -lcairo -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lgio-2.0 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lpng -lexpat -lwxregexu-3.0 -lwxtiff-3.0 -lwxjpeg-3.0 -lz -ldl -lm

~/devel/trunk$ wx-config --cflags

-I/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-static-3.0 -I/usr/local/include/wx-3.0 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D__WXGTK__ -pthread

then something is severely wrong, because all your stuff should be in /opt/wx/3.0 and not in /usr/local.

Now that you also have also libwxgtk3.0-dev installed, you have at least two wx-config config scripts!

For starters, what does
Code
which wx-config
say? And then you need to check what your /usr/local and /opt/wx/3.0 do really contain.

Offline spflanze

• Almost regular
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2019, 05:49:41 am »
I removed libwxgtk3.0-dev.

Something is indeed wrong. I did set the prefix to "/opt/wx/3.0". But after making wxWidgets I get:
Code
 wx-config --prefix
/usr
The prefix ends up being /usr instead. What might have gone wrong here? The configure command I used is:
Code
 ../configure --prefix=/opt/wx/3.0  --enable-xrc --enable-monolithic --enable-unicode --with-opengl
wx-config --prefix
According to:
https://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Compiling_and_getting_started
The shared library is default.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 07:26:53 am by spflanze »

Offline sodev

• Regular
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2019, 05:47:31 pm »
As i said, you still might have multiple wx-config scripts and depending on which one gets executed it uses a specific installation by default or can only see a specific set of installations.

So for a start you need to figure out which one is used by calling
Code
which wx-config

Then you have to check what these different locations really contain, preferrably remove all duplicates and fix wx-config, which usually is just a symlink to the real script, to point to the correct one.

Offline spflanze

• Almost regular
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2019, 07:40:15 am »
I did a search for all files named 'wx-config" and found several of them. These were:

Code
/etc/alternatives/wx-config
/home/stephen/.local/share/Trash/files/wx-config
/home/stephen/devel/wxWidgets-3.0.3/build_gtk3_shared_monolithic_unicode/wx-config
/var/lib/dpkg/alternatives/wx-config
/usr/bin/wx-config
/usr/local/bin/wx-config
/opt/wx/3.0/bin/wx-config

"/etc/alternatives/wx-config" was a broken link. I removed it.

"which wx-config" returned "/usr/bin/wx-config", which is the wrong prefix, and which is the reason for the difficulty. I removed it.

The script:
Code
/home/stephen/devel/wxWidgets-3.0.3/build_gtk3_shared_monolithic_unicode/wx-config
returned the prefix equivalent "~/devel/wxWidgets-3.0.3" which is the directory I built wxWidgets in. I am not sure if this should be deleted so I left it there.

All others returned the wrong prefixes so I deleted them. These ones I removed were likely left over from binary installs of wxWidgets.

In the Instructions at: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Installing_Code::Blocks_from_source_on_Linux
there is instruction to execute this command (altered for my circumstance):
Code
export PATH=/opt/wx/3.0/bin/:$PATH
This changes the path only temporarily. To make the path survive relog I had prepended the prefix to the path I in the file: /etc/environment so I would not have to do this everytime I run Code::Blocks after a rerun.

The wxWidgets is successful now. And so is the Code::Blocks compile. But when I run Code::Blocks I get the error:

codeblocks: error while loading shared libraries: libcodeblocks.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The file libcodeblocks.so.0 does exist in the path:
Code
/usr/local/lib/libcodeblocks.so.0
Code::Blocks cannot find it. I would appreciate any suggestions regarding what to do about it.

Rignt now this is the system path:
Code
$ echo $PATH
/opt/wx/3.0/bin/:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2019, 07:50:53 am »
4.3 Resolving runtime issues
Do you see this section of the wiki page? It describe the same issue as your reported.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline spflanze

• Almost regular
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2019, 05:07:23 am »
I did fail to read that all the way to the bottom. Editing the file /etc/ld.so.conf did get Code::Blocks to run. I thank you for your help :)