Author Topic: Newbie needing help with flags  (Read 7106 times)

Offline art-ganseforth

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Newbie needing help with flags
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2019, 01:52:36 am »

mignw32-make.exe -f makefile.gcc BUILD=debug SHARED=0 MONOLITHIC=1

There is done something, after i remembered ".exe" is not needed on windows. Also i have to enter the path of mingw32-make.
There is a two nested folders "gcc_lib/msw" created in my wxWidgets-folder with a file "setup.h" inside.
But then it stops.

Here the console-output:
Code
F:\codeblocks-17.12-nosetup\wxWidgets-3.1.2\build\msw>C:\Users\BeamIt\mingw32\bin\mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=debug SHARED=0 MONOLITHIC=1
if not exist ..\..\lib\gcc_lib mkdir ..\..\lib\gcc_lib
if not exist ..\..\lib\gcc_lib\mswud mkdir ..\..\lib\gcc_lib\mswud
if not exist ..\..\lib\gcc_lib\mswud\wx mkdir ..\..\lib\gcc_lib\mswud\wx
if not exist ..\..\lib\gcc_lib\mswud\wx\setup.h copy ..\..\include\wx\msw\setup.h ..\..\lib\gcc_lib\mswud\wx\setup.h
        1 Datei(en) kopiert.
if not exist ..\..\lib\gcc_lib\mswud\wx\msw mkdir ..\..\lib\gcc_lib\mswud\wx\msw
gcc -E "..\..\include\wx\msw\genrcdefs.h" > "..\..\lib\gcc_lib\mswud\wx\msw\rcdefs.h"
Der Befehl "gcc" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
konnte nicht gefunden werden.
mingw32-make: *** [makefile.gcc:5743: ..\..\lib\gcc_lib\mswud\wx\msw\rcdefs.h] Error 1

Atfer a second mingw32-make-call, one more file was created, but after this always the same error-message appears:
Code
F:\codeblocks-17.12-nosetup\wxWidgets-3.1.2\build\msw>C:\Users\BeamIt\mingw32\bin\mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=debug SHARED=0 MONOLITHIC=1
gcc -c -o gcc_mswud\wxregex_regcomp.o -g -O0 -mthreads  -DHAVE_W32API_H -DNDEBUG -I..\..\include -I..\..\lib\gcc_lib\mswud -D__WXMSW__  -D_UNICODE   -MTgcc_mswud\wxregex_regcomp.o -MFgcc_mswud\wxregex_regcomp.o.d -MD -MP ../../src/regex/regcomp.c
gcc: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
mingw32-make: *** [makefile.gcc:5787: gcc_mswud\wxregex_regcomp.o] Error 1

Think, i have to sleep sometimes, but i'll continue at this point tomorrow. I really have to learn this - but this helped a lot...

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 08:08:29 am »
Also i have to enter the path of mingw32-make.
because your compiler is not in the path

But then it stops.
Code
Der Befehl "gcc" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
konnte nicht gefunden werden.

Offline art-ganseforth

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2019, 02:10:01 pm »

Took a while to figure it out but now it's working - yeah!! Fantastic help. Thank you!

Also: my test-program has already been successfully compiled. So it seem, that i have a working C::B-setup now :)

For my understanding: Is it right, that...
- it works the same way with many other libraries and
- i have to use a 64bit compiler and 64bit libraries the same way if i want to compile a 64bit application?

This:
stahta01 was talking about compiling wxWidgets. And i support his statement. I had many problems in the past with this. I tried it today with gcc_8.XX and it worked ok, but if the shit hits the fan and you get errors, you will not want to be the one who cleans it up...
...i'll keep in mind for the future.

Thanks once more,
Frank

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2019, 10:19:17 pm »
- it works the same way with many other libraries and
There is no standard, it is always library depended how, and if it is static linkable

- i have to use a 64bit compiler and 64bit libraries the same way if i want to compile a 64bit application?
Yes, but you can compile 32bit apps with a 64bit compiler

Offline art-ganseforth

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2019, 12:28:06 am »
Yes, but you can compile 32bit apps with a 64bit compiler
Oh, interesting...
Thanks