Author Topic: Panel shows only partially in wxz file editor  (Read 7053 times)

Offline spflanze

• Almost regular
Panel shows only partially in wxz file editor
« on: January 18, 2019, 04:12:28 pm »
Two problems showed up when I ported a project from Windows 7 to Ubuntu 18.04. The versions are wxWidgets 3.0.3, In Ubuntu Code::Blocks version is 16.04.

1) In the wxs WYSIWYG editor I only see 2/3 of the front panel when not scrolling. The bottom 1/3 flashes to visible for as long as I move the verticle scroll bar. Once I stop moving it I the bottom 1/3 disappears and in its place is the panels background color. (see the attached image "Page Bottom Blank in WXS Editor.png"). When run all front panel objects appear.

2) The "Part Data" StaticBoxSizer object's background color is normal in the wxs file editor. But when run the background is black (see the attached image "Black Background When Run.png").

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Panel shows only partially in wxz file editor
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 05:55:09 pm »
I think the first problem is fixed in 17.12. Can you try to upgrade and see if the bug is still there?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline spflanze

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 08:19:33 am »
Thanks for your reply.

The Code::Blocks 16.04 version I used was the version Ubuntu 18.04's  Software application installed. I removed that Code::Blocks installation, downloaded the codeblocks_17.12-1_amd64_stable.tar.xz file from:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/17.12/Linux/Debian%20stable/codeblocks_17.12-1_amd64_stable.tar.xz/download

, unpacked it, and in the terminal emulater made the directory it was unpacked into the current directory.

I then executed these two commands:
Code
sudo apt-get install ./codeblocks_17.12-1_amd64.deb ./codeblocks-common_17.12-1_all.deb ./libcodeblocks0_17.12-1_amd64.deb
sudo apt-get install ./wxsmith-headers_17.12-1_all.deb ./libwxsmithlib0_17.12-1_amd64.deb ./wxsmith-dev_17.12-1_amd64.deb

This installed Code::Blocks, but this installation did not recognize the .wxs file extension. What do I need to do to see the wxs file in the WYSIWYG editor?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 09:57:33 am »
Install the contrib package.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline spflanze

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 06:56:02 pm »
I attempted to follow your suggestion and install contrib. Pasted below is my attempt to do so:
Code
 sudo apt-get install ./codeblocks-contrib-common_17.12-1_all.deb ./codeblocks-wxcontrib-dev_17.12-1_amd64.deb ./codeblocks-contrib_17.12-1_amd64.deb ./codeblocks-libwxcontrib0_17.12-1_amd64.deb ./codeblocks-wxcontrib-headers_17.12-1_all.deb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'codeblocks-contrib-common' instead of './codeblocks-contrib-common_17.12-1_all.deb'
Note, selecting 'codeblocks-wxcontrib-dev' instead of './codeblocks-wxcontrib-dev_17.12-1_amd64.deb'
Note, selecting 'codeblocks-contrib' instead of './codeblocks-contrib_17.12-1_amd64.deb'
Note, selecting 'codeblocks-libwxcontrib0' instead of './codeblocks-libwxcontrib0_17.12-1_amd64.deb'
Note, selecting 'codeblocks-wxcontrib-headers' instead of './codeblocks-wxcontrib-headers_17.12-1_all.deb'
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 codeblocks-contrib : Depends: libhunspell-1.4-0 but it is not installable
                      Recommends: valgrind but it is not going to be installed
                      Recommends: cppcheck but it is not going to be installed
                      Recommends: cscope but it is not going to be installed
                      Recommends: cccc but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
I do not know what to do about these errors. Please suggest a solution. Why is it selecting something other than the exact packages from my hard drive in the command line? Why would libhunspell-1.4-0 by uninstallable?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 01:39:01 am »
Why would libhunspell-1.4-0 by uninstallable?
Because your distro has moved to newer version of hunspell and this newer version is not compatible.

Offline spflanze

• Almost regular
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 03:09:27 am »
How then is the contrib package installed?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 08:38:55 am »
By finding packages compatible with your distro... Or building packages yourself.

Offline spflanze

• Almost regular
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 07:32:07 pm »
I have Hunspell 1.6.2 installed. My LibreOffice installation depends on it. The codeblocks-contrib package appears to need the earlier libhunspell-1.4-0 version. So is it going to possible to have both LibreOffice installed, and the WYSIWG wxs editor available, in the latest version of Code::Blocks?

My OS is Ubuntu 18.04.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 09:03:09 pm »
The packages in the download section do not support Ubuntu 18.x as far as I know...

Offline spflanze

• Almost regular
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 07:35:17 am »
Then I will have to compile codeblocks and codeblocks-contrib myself?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2019, 08:19:27 am »
Learn how to make packages. It is straight forward and reliable.

Offline spflanze

• Almost regular
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2019, 07:19:13 pm »
For this package will it be necessary to compile my own bin files from Code::Blocks source files? Or can preexisting bin files be repackaged to make Code:Blocks fully functional in Ubuntu 18.04?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 07:33:11 pm »
Full recompilation is necessary. But everything would be fully automated and at the end you'll have .deb files.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2019, 01:32:52 am »
@oBFusCATed: can you write a quick tutorial "how to" generate packages form codeblocks source? A collection of commands would be nice...