Author Topic: compile/build inkscape with mingw64 on windows 10 64-bit  (Read 3158 times)

hyperqbit

compile/build inkscape with mingw64 on windows 10 64-bit
« on: December 27, 2018, 09:11:36 pm »
Tried compiling/building Inkscape using mingw64 on Windows 10 64-bit. Inkscape folks recommend using VS 2017 community edition with VisualGDB. However, VisualGDB is not 'free'. So decided to give C::B a try.

Changed toolchain executables and search directories in C::B using MSYS2 install of MingW64. Kept all the default directories and executable names in MSYS2/Ming64 so C::B points to these files instead, including pointing the GDB default to MingW64 gdb.exe.

That's as far as I've gone. I dont know how to setup C::B to do the entire build in debug mode. I've used C::B in the past but for much simpler projects.

Compiling Inkscape on Windows with MSYS2--
http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Compiling_Inkscape_on_Windows_with_MSYS2

Inkscape Wiki recommending use of Visual Studio with VisualGDB
http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Using_Visual_Studio

Any help/guidance is appreciated.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: compile/build inkscape with mingw64 on windows 10 64-bit
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 09:35:04 pm »
In theory you can use cmake to create ninja+codeblocks project. This works fine on linux, I'm not sure how well does it work on windows.
But even if you cannot create the cbp file with cmake you can setup the build with pure ninja or make and then you can manually create a custom makefile project in code blocks.

Making the debugger work would be complex but should be possible. If you get it building and running you can ask more question how to do it. As a minimum you should be able to attach to a running Inkscape process...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]