Author Topic: [SOLVED] BrowseTracker plugin not added to toolbar on startup  (Read 3308 times)

Offline Totoxa

• Multiple posting newcomer
[SOLVED] BrowseTracker plugin not added to toolbar on startup
« on: November 14, 2018, 10:20:01 pm »
Hi,

I'm using the latest C::B nightly on windows and svn rev 11509 in Linux. I have enabled the BrowseTracker plugin but it isn't added to the toolbar the next time I launch C::B.

This works fine in C::B 17.12.

Any suggestion or workaround? I've already removed all config files with no results.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 03:12:39 am by Totoxa »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: BrowseTracker plugin not added to toolbar on startup
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 11:38:00 pm »
What do you mean it is not added to the toolbar? Do you mean that its toolbar is not visible? Or its position is not saved after restart?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Totoxa

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 12:22:28 am »
What do you mean it is not added to the toolbar? Do you mean that its toolbar is not visible? Or its position is not saved after restart?

I think the option is saved because when I open C::B 17.12 the BrowseTracker toolbar is added to the toolbar. But when I open the svn build it doesn't.

By not added to the toolbar I mean that buttons enclosed in a red rectangle in the attached image are not shown.

I've tested the IncrementalSearch and ThreadedSearch plugins and they work correctly.

EDIT: Looks like C::B fails to load the setting on startup, how can I check that?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 12:28:29 am by Totoxa »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 01:04:34 am »
Sorry, but I still don't understand what problem you're having. You'll have to try to be clear and detailed.

What happens if you do View -> Toolbars -> Browse tracker or View -> Toolbars -> Fit/Optimize?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Totoxa

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 01:34:59 am »
Sorry, but I still don't understand what problem you're having. You'll have to try to be clear and detailed.

1. Open C::B
2. Right click on toolbar and enable "BrowseTracker" plugin, the plugin is shown in the toolbar
3. Optional: View->Perspectives->Save current
4. Close and reopen C::B
5. The "BrowseTracker" plugin is not in the toolbar, to get it again repeat step 2.

What happens if you do View -> Toolbars -> Browse tracker or View -> Toolbars -> Fit/Optimize?
When the BrowseTracker plugin is not shown, nothing, after I re-enabled it (step 2), it is adjusted to a new position.

If the issue is still not clear, I've recorded a screencapture showing it, look at the toolbar and the C::B version being opened.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q4V0wV86IWm3cgYAVffrJP_iYQCQv0jZ/view?usp=sharing

Offline Totoxa

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 03:12:03 am »
Solved.

There is new option in for the BrowseTracker plugin. To always show the plugin in the toolbar one has to enable it in Settings->Editor->BrowseTracker by checking the "Show Tool bar" option.

PD: This seems inconsistent with the way other plugins are enabled in the toolbar.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 03:17:34 am by Totoxa »