User forums > Help

cannot compile

(1/6) > >>

wobien:
I just installed Code::Blocks and Mingw32 gcc on my new computer after my old computer crached.
I started working on a new project, did some coding and tried to compile. I got error messages, so several times I made corrections and tried again.
At a certain moment I got no more error messages but  the message "Execution of 'mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -fexceptions -g  -c C:\Users...\priemzeef' failed"
From that moment I get only that message, also when I try to recompile older projects that used to compile fine on my old computer.

This is the build log:

-------------- Build: Debug in priemzeef (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -fexceptions -g  -c C:\Users\wobie\Documents\Codeblocks\recreatie\priemzeef\main.cpp -o obj\Debug\main.o
Execution of 'mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -fexceptions -g  -c C:\Users\wobie\Documents\Codeblocks\recreatie\priemzeef\main.cpp -o obj\Debug\main.o' in 'C:\Users\wobie\Documents\Codeblocks\recreatie\priemzeef' failed.

Another problem: when I click "save everything" I get an error message (see attachment), and when I open Code::Blocks I have to reload the project I was working on.

Wobien

Commaster:
Try installing Code::Blocks NOT in "Program Files" or other system-crucial folders, windows is really paranoid when it comes to write permissions in those folders.

wobien:
Thank you Commaster, that solved the "save everything" problem.

But I still have the compiling problem. My project is a console application, and when I started it (that was on my new computer) I could compile the "hello World" program you get when you start a console application. This morning I tried to repeat that: I started a new console application and tried to compile the code I recieved:

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
    cout << "Hello world!" << endl;
    return 0;
}

The build log is:

-------------- Build: Debug in test (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -fexceptions -g  -c C:\Users\wobie\Documents\Codeblocks\test\main.cpp -o obj\Debug\main.o
Execution of 'mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -fexceptions -g  -c C:\Users\wobie\Documents\Codeblocks\test\main.cpp -o obj\Debug\main.o' in 'C:\Users\wobie\Documents\Codeblocks\test' failed.
That means that something has changed since I started my project, 2 days ago. What could that be?? As far as I know I didn't change anything.

BlueHazzard:
Anti Virus? Modern Anti virus think that compiler are viruses and block them from creating executables
Did you restarted the PC?
Did it worked with the current setup sometime?

wobien:
Thank you for your remarks BlueHazzard,

I swiched off my antivirus and tried to compile, but that didn't help.
I restarted the PC several times, but no compiling.
I don't understand your last remark.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version