Author Topic: Please add support Embarcadero C++ Free Compiler  (Read 2741 times)

Offline bcc32x

• Multiple posting newcomer
Please add support Embarcadero C++ Free Compiler
« on: September 06, 2018, 12:41:40 pm »
Please don't ban me. I'm a foreigner doesn't understand English well. I think I should post here. If it's the wrong place, please move the thread, don't ban me.

C::B supports a very old version of this compiler which is Borland C++ Compiler 5.5. This compiler doesn't support modern C++ features that we need. I found with the new compiler BCC32C.exe it's easy to modify C::B template for the old compiler to support it. At lease, I successfully built a Hello World example only by changing include folders and BCC32.exe to BCC32C.exe.

Embarcadero also ships BCC32X.exe which use Clang syntax (so indeed G++ syntax). It's very easy for you to add support it. Thanks.

The Compiler's homepage: https://www.embarcadero.com/free-tools/ccompiler

C::B version I'm using: latest stable binary build.

Out of curious: I'm not need this much, but if you can, please consider it:

+Pelles C on Windows is a very good compiler (C only), it's one of the pioneer support C17 standard rather than the big player (GCC, Clang) but it IDE is inferior to C::B IMHO. If you could support this compiler (you also support TCC another C only thing) this will form an awesome workspace.

+Recently I found Orange C Compiler, a small but surprisingly it supports C++14 (at least it claimed on it homepage), I've tested some of C++11 features and it worked right. Better diversity, better quality, isn't it? Did you said you would support as much compiler as possible in the FAQ?  ;D

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Please add support Embarcadero C++ Free Compiler
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 03:20:55 pm »
We would support as much compilers as possible only if there are people using them and contributing patches for adding their support and maintaining them working as C::B changes and improves.

So if you want these compilers added (soon) it is best to learn how our config system works and provide patches. It shouldn't be too hard. The config system is xml based and no changes to the cpp code should be required.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]