User forums > Help

error unrecognized option '-plugin'

<< < (2/2)

Miguel Gimenez:
-plugin is a valid option for ld.exe starting with gcc 4.5.0, and in this case is passed by mngw32-g++. It seems the ld.exe version and mingw32-g++.exe one don't match. Do you have two installations of mingw?

Can you post the output of the following command (executed in CMD)?

--- Code: ---mingw32-g++ -Xlinker -v
--- End code ---

37712:
I don't think I have MinGW installed twice but i do have Cygwin installed, i dont know if that would be the reason.

here is the cmd code u asked me to run:

C:\Users\37712>mingw32-g++ -Xlinker -v
collect2 version 6.3.0
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe -plugin c:/mingw/bin/../libexec
/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/liblto_plugin-0.dll -plugin-opt=c:/mingw/bin/../libexec/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/lto-wra
pper.exe -plugin-opt=-fresolution=C:\Users\37712\AppData\Local\Temp\ccS4fIgE.res -plugin-opt=-pass-t
hrough=-lmingw32 -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-lgcc_s -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-lgcc -plugin-opt=-pass
-through=-lmoldname -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-lmingwex -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-lmsvcrt -plugin-o
pt=-pass-through=-ladvapi32 -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-lshell32 -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-luser32 -
plugin-opt=-pass-through=-lkernel32 -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-lmingw32 -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-l
gcc_s -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-lgcc -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-lmoldname -plugin-opt=-pass-through
=-lmingwex -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-lmsvcrt -Bdynamic -u ___register_frame_info -u ___deregister_f
rame_info c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../crt2.o c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.
0/crtbegin.o -Lc:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0 -Lc:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc -Lc:/mingw/bin/../lib
/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../../mingw32/lib -Lc:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../.. -v -lstd
c++ -lmingw32 -lgcc_s -lgcc -lmoldname -lmingwex -lmsvcrt -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -luser32 -lkernel32 -
lmingw32 -lgcc_s -lgcc -lmoldname -lmingwex -lmsvcrt c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/crtend.o
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: unrecognized option '-plugin'
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: use the --help option for usag
e information
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

C:\Users\37712>

37712:
*** PROBLEM RESOLVED ***

apparently it was a problem with my MinGW installation but I don't know what it was. I ended up completely uninstalling and reinstalling MinGW and that somehow fixed the problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version