Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

Codeblocks contrib plugins for wx31 fails to compile with mingw v8.1.0

(1/5) > >>

ouch:
Just tried compiling on win 7 64bit with the 32 bit version of mingw. I have tried both versions of mingw 7.1 and mingw 8.1 and they both fail at the same place below:

--- Code: ---i686-w64-mingw32-g++.exe -shared  -Wl,--out-implib=..\..\..\devel31\libwxflatnotebook.a -Wl,--dll -LC:\Programming\wxWidgets\wxWidgets\lib\gcc_dll ..\..\..\.objs31\plugins\contrib\wxContribItems\wxFlatNotebook\wxFlatNotebook\src\wxFlatNotebook\fnb_customize_dlg.o ..\..\..\.objs31\plugins\contrib\wxContribItems\wxFlatNotebook\wxFlatNotebook\src\wxFlatNotebook\fnb_resources.o ..\..\..\.objs31\plugins\contrib\wxContribItems\wxFlatNotebook\wxFlatNotebook\src\wxFlatNotebook\popup_dlg.o ..\..\..\.objs31\plugins\contrib\wxContribItems\wxFlatNotebook\wxFlatNotebook\src\wxFlatNotebook\renderer.o ..\..\..\.objs31\plugins\contrib\wxContribItems\wxFlatNotebook\wxFlatNotebook\src\wxFlatNotebook\wxFlatNotebook.o ..\..\..\.objs31\plugins\contrib\wxContribItems\wxFlatNotebook\wxFlatNotebook\src\wxFlatNotebook\xh_fnb.o  -o ..\..\..\devel31\wxflatnotebook.dll -Wl,--enable-auto-import -mthreads  -lwxmsw31u
In file included from C:\Programming\wxWidgets\wxWidgets\include/wx/arrstr.h:16,
                 from C:\Programming\wxWidgets\wxWidgets\include/wx/filefn.h:15,
                 from C:\Programming\wxWidgets\wxWidgets\include/wx/utils.h:20,
                 from C:\Programming\wxWidgets\wxWidgets\include/wx/cursor.h:75,
                 from C:\Programming\wxWidgets\wxWidgets\include/wx/event.h:21,
                 from C:\Programming\wxWidgets\wxWidgets\include/wx/window.h:18,
                 from C:\Programming\wxWidgets\wxWidgets\include/wx/control.h:22,
                 from C:\Programming\wxWidgets\wxWidgets\include/wx/statline.h:23,
                 from wxFlatNotebook\include/wx/wxFlatNotebook/fnb_customize_dlg.h:14,
                 from C:\Programming\codeblocks\src\plugins\contrib\wxContribItems\wxFlatNotebook\src\wxFlatNotebook\fnb_customize_dlg.cpp:10:
wxFlatNotebook\include/wx/wxFlatNotebook/wxFlatNotebook.h:58:43: error: expected ')' before '*' token
 WX_DECLARE_USER_EXPORTED_OBJARRAY(wxWindow*, wxWindowPtrArray, WXDLLIMPEXP_FNB);
                                           ^
--- End code ---

edit: Fixed typo in subject.

stahta01:

--- Quote from: ouch on June 12, 2018, 06:28:20 pm ---Just tried compiling on win 7 64bit with the 32 bit version of mingw. I have tried both versions of mingw 7.1 and mingw 8.1 and they both fail at the same place below:

--- End quote ---

Post link to at least one compiler installer that fails with build error.

Edit: Also, post the wxWidgets version information.

Tim S.

BlueHazzard:
Does this wxWidgets version work with an other compiler?

ouch:
The wxWidgets I used was the trunk version that was just updated today before building. ( last revision was 71bb680 )

and the mingw version I used was their installer:

https://mingw-w64.org/doku.php/download

Specifically:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win32/Personal%20Builds/mingw-builds/installer/mingw-w64-install.exe/download

and yes the wxWidgets version I'm using seems to work fine with my software that I wrote.

stahta01:
Downloading the win32-sjlj version of Mingw64 gcc 8.1.0; Edited typo in GCC version number.

It will take several hours to build wxWidgets and then build Code::Blocks.

Note: My guess is that the wxWidgets changed an header file; and, the fix is the include a header in Code::Blocks source code.

Tim S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version