Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

Problem with icons on HiDPI displays

<< < (3/13) > >>

oBFusCATed:
Not sure about 24.
It would probably be good if we support scales like 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2.0. If we select 16 as base. We get 20, 24, 28, 32.
Also we need some code to select the size automatically, but I guess this is doable in later wx's and it is a separate issue.

Yes, I'm looking the image at 100%, but the blurriness might be caused because the browser does some scaling due to my higher dpi. I've opened it in an image browser and it looks fine.

BlueHazzard:
They look really good! Good job!

darmar:
The work on the icons was going perhaps too slow, but now most of the icons are finished. See on https://github.com/specialmart/cb-icons. Every icon has SVG files in 20, 24, 28 and 32 size which are used to export automatically to 20, 24, 28, 32, 40, 48,... pixel size png files. The person who worked on them (not me) is not professional designer, therefore some adjustment may be required in the future.

Before creation of more icons, I think, it would be nice to know the way how to integrate these icons into C::B code.

BlueHazzard:
If we work on them, can we repack them? Put them in zip archives for every plugin? So all icons/images are not all in one folder, but grouped to the plugin where they should be? This would make install, uninstall plugins make much more straight forward.

For loading them from the zip file we could add some loader function to the plugin class for easy access...

I use this approach in my plugins and i think it is a lot more cleaner then putting them in the global image folder...

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: darmar on January 27, 2019, 06:34:34 pm ---Before creation of more icons, I think, it would be nice to know the way how to integrate these icons into C::B code.

--- End quote ---

Do you want to do the work? Or are you asking if any of us could/would do it? I can integrate them during next week...

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on January 27, 2019, 07:18:05 pm ---If we work on them, can we repack them? Put them in zip archives for every plugin? So all icons/images are not all in one folder, but grouped to the plugin where they should be? This would make install, uninstall plugins make much more straight forward.

--- End quote ---

What do you mean?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version