Author Topic: small clean up in cbeditor  (Read 496 times)

Offline frithjofh

  • Regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 372
small clean up in cbeditor
« on: May 27, 2018, 06:07:37 pm »
hi everyone,

i am proposing a small code change in the area of cbeditor.

i removed a variable in editorbase which was used to hold the information whether a given pointer refers to a builtin editor or not. i replaced it with the proper override in the derived class.

reasoning: 1) breaks nothing 2) expresses more clearly the relationship 3) removes several lines of code

patch file attached.

regards
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline oBFusCATed

  • Developer
  • Lives here!
  • *****
  • Posts: 11131
    • Travis build status
Re: small clean up in cbeditor
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 08:40:48 pm »
1 is clearly not true, because you've broken the ABI, so you need to rise the sdk version numbers in the cbplugin.h (just the last number).
Also virtual functions are a bit slower than normal methods. I doubt it would matter too much, but still.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline killerbot

  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
  • *****
  • Posts: 5102
Re: small clean up in cbeditor
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 09:38:20 pm »
patch seems ok