Author Topic: ctrl+f search popup annoyance  (Read 2816 times)

ratahi

ctrl+f search popup annoyance
« on: May 18, 2018, 09:24:20 am »
Hi. I try to search in settings. Try to search in google in this forum with words "popup", "notify", "tooltip", "Reached the end of the document".
But find only about "code completion popups".
How to disable this "the popup of the end of the document" (or all popups at all)?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: ctrl+f search popup annoyance
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 01:05:27 pm »
I guess we'll need to add a global option to disable these info windows...

Any volunteer to do it?
The best would be if there is a list of all possible info windows shown up to this point of time and an option to disable them selectively.
Similarly how it is done for the annoying dialogs.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 01:42:38 pm »
could we see it as part of the annoying dialogs ? So registering and consulting in this list ?
pro : all pop-ups/dialogs suppression is in one place.
contra : well we can argue it are 2 different things ;-)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 08:36:59 pm »
It will be good if they are in a single place in the UI. But I think there should be two lists. Also annoying dialogs have checkboxes in them. InfoWindows cannot have checkboxes. So the mechanism should be different.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

gvh

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 12:51:15 pm »
Sorry for making a separate post on this, I didn't see this one. I've deleted the duplicate. For anyone else having this issue, you can resolve it by opening src/sdk/infowindow.cpp and making the following change to the InfoWindow::Display function:

// static
void InfoWindow::Display(const wxString& title, const wxString& message, unsigned int delay, unsigned int hysteresis)
{
    return; // NO

problem solved!