User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Message window about mixed EOL file: How to switch off?

(1/2) > >>

J.:
The IDE fires up annoying error prompt (disappearing after 1 or 2 seconds) when it encounters a mixed EOL file. How can this be switched off, as, e.g., pre-compilers might produce such files on a regular basis?

I spent some time to look around in the editor settings, but could not find anything to switch it off.

Many thanks.

oBFusCATed:
If you can to paste the exact text of the message we could find it in the code and tell if there is an option for it or there isn't.
The latter is more probable.

stahta01:
Settings -> Editor
Tab: Editor Settings
Section: end-of-line options
Uncheck: Ensure Consistent EOLs

Tim S.

J.:
@oBFusCATed: Your are right, there is no option, see https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/src/sdk/cbeditor.cpp#l674. I could post ticket for a feature request - or is it OK like that that an option could be implemented? I would appreciate that.

--- Code: ---unsigned int delay = 2000;
    if (  ( (linesCR>0) && (linesCRLF>0) )
       || ( (linesLF>0) && (linesCRLF>0) )
       || ( (linesCR>0) && (linesLF>0) ) )
    {
        //In mixed EOL file, give the user a beep and InfoWindow notification.
        wxBell();
        InfoWindow::Display(_("Mixed Line Endings"), _("Mixed line endings found, setting mode ") + eolModeStr, delay);
    }

--- End code ---

@Tim - unchecking "ensure consistent EOLs" prevents CB only from changing the file to consistent EOLs, but does not suppress the annoying window.

oBFusCATed:
Not sure. There are too many options already.
Also, I'm not really sure how useful this info message is.
I guess we could make a generic way to disable info messages, but it is a lot of work, so I'm not sure anyone would spend the time to do it. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version