Author Topic: Occurrences Highlights are solid instead transparent on wxWidgets 2.8  (Read 4850 times)

Offline sodev

• Regular
As the title says, this was not present in r11222 but is present in r11374, so it must have been introduced between there. Happens only when linked against wxWidgets 2.8.12, does not happen when linked against current wxWidgets master 3.1.2. Only tested on Windows 10, not sure if Linux is also affected. Looks pretty ugly, see attached screenshots.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Just out of curiosity, do we need to support wx2.8? How long is a support for wx2.8 planed?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Just out of curiosity, do we need to support wx2.8? How long is a support for wx2.8 planed?
Until I see if I can make wxGTK 3.x work on CentOS 6 :)

@sodev: Yes there are some changes related to this. Can you look in the occurrence highlight settings to see if there is a way to fix this?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline sodev

• Regular
What settings are you referring to, the recent colour configuration changes? Anyway, these aren't the cause of this, i did some tests. Last working revision is r11321, right the one before the Scintilla update. The next revision i built was r11336, after the bunch of Scintilla commits you did, and since then its broken.

So looks like Scintilla is the cause, i don't know anything about it so im afraid i cannot fix this without lots of time i don't have atm. And because the wx 3.1.x builds are working without problems for me now so far (except some menu entries with bitmaps have a lower height than all the others, but this seems to be a wxWidgets problem, and redraw errors of the toolbars with the standard sized icon set which are fixed by using the big sized icon set) i don't see an urgent need to fix that ::)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
I'm talking about the occurrence highlight settings in the Settings -> Editor.
There are plenty of options like colours, alpha and others. Please try them and let me know if they change anything.

Please report these problems on the tickets page in sf.net, so they are not forgotten!
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline sodev

• Regular
Oh, got it, fixing things by clicking buttons and not by writing code ;D.

Well, changing the color changes the color of the box but it stays solid. The alpha settings do nothing. Enabling Override Text Color however makes the text visible in the specified color. Now after disabling Override Text Color again the text is even visible in its original color, but this effect does not survive a restart of CodeBlocks, after that the box stays solid again.

All settings work as intendet with wxWidgets 3.1.2.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Can you show me some screen shots?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Linux seems is not to be affected, see attached screenshot.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Jens: Yes, I know, I've tested it. :)

Offline sodev

• Regular
These two screenshots show how the highlight looks with overriding text color enabled using the default color and that "self-repaired" state after disabling the override.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
OK, I guess I've skipped some modified wxscintilla code which is only needed on windows and 2.8. I'll take a look.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Fix in rev 11398.