User forums > Nightly builds

The 29 April 2018 build (11386) is out.

<< < (3/8) > >>

Melchior:

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on May 02, 2018, 07:57:39 pm ---
--- Quote ---so is there a problem with those existing plugins?
Is the xrc file missing all together or something else?
--- End quote ---

As far as i know this plugins do not have xrc files, but the resource management of wxWidgets expects xrc files. Adding dummy xrc files can probably solve this...

--- End quote ---

sounds like a good idea... hope it works out...

killerbot:

--- Quote from: LETARTARE on May 02, 2018, 03:18:52 pm ---The sdk indicated by 'killerbot' is 1.34.0
The sdk specified by C::B after compilation is 1.36.0 (svn 11350, 2018-03-28)

--- End quote ---

my mistake, I forgot to check this, adjusting the post.

BlueHazzard:
I noticed a massive slowdown for opening editors on windows with wx3.0.2. Is this only for me? Opening a source file from the project manager tab takes quite some seconds before it is shown. This was not that bad in the old*) version i used for production.

If some one else has the same issue i will try to investigate...

*) i have no idea what version it was....

oBFusCATed:
How large are your files? Have you measured the performance on linux?
What happens if you disable all plugins?

edit: Have you seen this effect with your own builds? If you see this effect on your builds then can you add some stop watches to measure the time to open an editor? Unfortunately profiling on windows requires proprietary/commercial tools, so it is not as easy as on linux. :(
edit2: What happens if you comment the Colourise call at the end of cbEditor::InternalSetEditorStyleAfterFileOpen? On linux the performance improves 3-5x with this call commented. (src/src/main.cpp opens for 26msec without and 122msec with on wx28, wx31 is similar but a bit faster).

Melchior:
as an Added note this says compiled against wxWidgets (v3.0.3)
the latest stable version is v3.0.4 lol ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version