Author Topic: [SOLVED] Code::Blocks 13.12 doesn't build on ubuntu linux  (Read 3481 times)

Offline unkown111

• Single posting newcomer
[SOLVED] Code::Blocks 13.12 doesn't build on ubuntu linux
« on: April 29, 2018, 08:15:45 pm »

This message keeps popping up. It doesn't build neither .c or .cpp files.
The compilers are installed.
gcc is already the newest version (4:5.3.1-1ubuntu1).
g++ is already the newest version (4:5.3.1-1ubuntu1).

On Compiler>Toolchain executables the path to Compilers installation directory is on /usr
but i noticed that the compilers are on /user/bin. I thought that this might be the problem
so i changed the path of the installation directory to /user/bin but it din't fix anything.
Also if i press auto-detect it changes it back to /user, so i don't know which one is correct.

A little help will be appreciated.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 12:54:56 am by unkown111 »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Code::Blocks 13.12 doesn't build on ubuntu linux
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 08:40:52 pm »
What happens if you put the file in a folder that has no Greek letters, nor whitespaces in it?
Have you considered updating to a more recent release?
13.12 is almost 5 years old...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline unkown111

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Code::Blocks 13.12 doesn't build on ubuntu linux
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 12:45:49 am »
What happens if you put the file in a folder that has no Greek letters, nor whitespaces in it?
Have you considered updating to a more recent release?
13.12 is almost 5 years old...

Well my friend, you were right!!
If i save the file in my home folder, the only one with an English name, it works. Or in another folder inside it, except if it's name is in Greek, as you said,
in which case it won't build. Thank you. I would have never thought that the folder name could have been the problem....

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: [SOLVED] Code::Blocks 13.12 doesn't build on ubuntu linux
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 12:29:43 pm »
i would like to know where the build fails... Can you post a full build log from a project with Greek letters like described here:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_(general)#Q:_How_do_I_report_a_compilation_problem_on_the_forums.3F

thank you.