Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

Code::Blocks and Custom Makefile

(1/2) > >>

stahta01:
I think that having an Compiler to be used only for Custom Makefiles is a good idea.

Settings->Compilers

Selected Compilers: NameOfCompilerToUseForCustomMakefile

Tim S.

stahta01:

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on March 26, 2018, 08:34:24 pm ---
--- Quote ---Edit: All of the settings went away that I thought needed grayed out under Project Compiler settings; including some that I thought should not go away. So, I am confused on what to do.

--- End quote ---
i really don't want to clutter this topic, and we probably should open a new topic for discussion, but i was talking about the settings:
Project->Settings->project settings->Object names generation (is not grayed out, but should be)
Project->Settings->Build targets->Output filename (should be grayed out)
ecc...
Project->Build options->Compiler settings->Compiler flags (should be grayed out)
Project->Build options->Compiler settings->Other compiler options (should be grayed out)
ecc...

--- Quote ---I just realized the problem is in the global compiler settings.

I think the solution should consider have a compiler used only for makefiles.
--- End quote ---
I don't understand what you are talking about? If a custom make file is used EVERY setting of compiler executable (linker and so) on SHOULD be ignored. Only the "make" program should work.... Can you elaborate more? Am i on the wrong path here?

--- End quote ---

Edit2: Add link to https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/652/
So, you want greyed out instead of being removed like it currently does?
Edit: Because most of the Compiler Settings are removed with Custom Makefile project is selected.

Tim S.

oBFusCATed:
Can you explain why? The compiler is used by the CC plugin to find global paths at the moment I think. Without a compiler the CC might work worse.

p.s. I don't understand why you've started a separate topic...

stahta01:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on March 27, 2018, 12:38:17 am ---Can you explain why? The compiler is used by the CC plugin to find global paths at the moment I think. Without a compiler the CC might work worse.

--- End quote ---
Did not think of that; so, will delay the idea of an separate compiler.

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on March 27, 2018, 12:38:17 am ---p.s. I don't understand why you've started a separate topic...

--- End quote ---

Because BlueHazard said to start a separate thread.

Tim S.

stahta01:

--- Code: ---When using custom makefile
  Right Click on file
    Build File    **
    Clean File    **
    Options       Should be removed or grayed out
    Properties
      Build       Should be removed or grayed out
      Advanced    Should be removed or grayed out

** Build/Clean File needs to use the makefile or be grayed out

--- End code ---