Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

Bootstrap with no wxWidgets packet installed

(1/8) > >>

BlueHazzard:
Hi,
i try to build codeblocks on linux, without wxWidgets installed, but compiled and installed by myself.

If i run ./bootstrap it can not find the wx-config macro:

--- Code: ---configure.ac:141: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_OPTIONS_WXCONFIG
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
--- End code ---
Now this seems ok, because i can provide the wx-config path by myself (it is /usr/local/bin/wx-config) but the ./configure command has no option --witch-wx-config and fails because it can not find the AM_CONFIG thing

--- Code: ---./configure: line 21384: AM_OPTIONS_WXCONFIG: command not found
./configure: line 21385: syntax error near unexpected token `2.8.12,'
./configure: line 21385: `AM_PATH_WXCONFIG(2.8.12, wxWin=1)'
--- End code ---

Is there a easy solution beside installing wxWidgets from repo?

stahta01:
Are you using an Debian based Linux; because it has an easy fix? I posted it somewhere in the Wiki an way to use alternates with self built wxWidgets.

Edit: Added wiki link http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Installing_Code::Blocks_from_source_on_Linux#Checking_the_presence_of_libwxGTK_library

Tim S.

BlueHazzard:
thank you!
i also found this article in the mean time and i have tried this:

--- Code: ---export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I `wx-config --prefix`/share/aclocal"
--- End code ---
with this i was able to go trought bootstrap and it is now compiling. But i would like to know what this does....

--- Code: ---$ update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/wx-config wx-config /opt/wx/2.8/bin/wx-config 50
--- End code ---
can you explain what this does? Am i asked every time i run wx-config what version i would like to run? How does this go with autotools, or other tools that do not allow user interaction?

stahta01:
update-alternatives is used to switch an link to various real files.

I believe update-alternatives is an Debian only command.

Tim S.

Jenna:

--- Quote from: stahta01 on February 20, 2018, 05:47:18 pm ---I believe update-alternatives is an Debian only command.

--- End quote ---
No, it isn't.
It's copyrighted by Redhat in 2001 or 2002.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version