Author Topic: Newer tar causes make dist to fail  (Read 50 times)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Newer tar causes make dist to fail
« on: August 16, 2018, 01:28:57 am »
I'm getting this error:
Code: [Select]
tardir=codeblocks-17.12svn11451 && /bin/sh /home/obfuscated/projects/codeblocks/temp_svn/missing --run tar chf - "$tardir" --exclude=".svn" | bzip2 -9 -c >codeblocks-17.12svn11451.tar.bz2
tar: The following options were used after any non-optional arguments in archive create or update mode.  These options are positional and affect only arguments that follow them.  Please, rearrange them properly.
tar: --exclude ‘.svn’ has no effect
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
tar: The following options were used after any non-optional arguments in archive create or update mode.  These options are positional and affect only arguments that follow them.  Please, rearrange them properly.
tar: --exclude ‘.svn’ has no effect
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
WARNING: I can't seem to be able to run `tar' with the given arguments.
         You may want to install GNU tar or Free paxutils, or check the
         command line arguments.
{ test ! -d codeblocks-17.12svn11451 || { find codeblocks-17.12svn11451 -type d ! -perm -200 -exec chmod u+w {} ';' && rm -fr codeblocks-17.12svn11451; }; }

It seems that it is cause by a newer version of tar (1.30 or 1.29) which is more strict with its parameters.

If I remove this line
Code: [Select]
am__tar = @am__tar@ $(ADDITIONAL_MAKE_DIST_OPTIONS)
from Makefile.am it works and it seems there aren't bad files in the created archive.
Do you think this is a safe change?

(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]