User forums > Help

CodeBlocks v13.12 now crashes

(1/2) > >>

JamesC:
Hi all,

A quick heartfelt thanks for previous guidance given.

After using v13.12 CB for some 6 years on a complex project it now crashes after about 2 minutes compiling with the message "Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Even when I remove the newly added C code that I believe I added just prior to the original crash ... it still crashes.

Am apprehensive about installing the latest version of CB because of the problems encountered years ago with the original installation.

When CB is reloaded the logs appear to be empty ... presumably due to the crash.

Could this problem arise due to functions now being too big or perhaps too many #defines?

Any suggestions on how to remedy this occurance would be appreciated.

JimC

Krice:
How big the project is? How many files and lines of code? What is a big function? Why those functions are big? I think it's in theory possible that compiler can run out of memory when compiling a project if it's extremely large. I guess?

stahta01:
Without loading any projects; after you have CB running disable all plugins except for the compiler plugin.
Shutdown code::blocks.

Re-start C::B, and verify the plugins stayed disabled. Load the big project and see if the error have returned.

If it does not likely have a plugin that caused the crash.

If it does, then either C::B, the Compiler, the Operating System, security tool, or virus causing the crash.
On windows, I would try disabling anti-virus scanner and anti-ransom ware and see if that fixes it.

Tim S.

stahta01:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_%28general%29#Q:_How_do_I_report_a_compilation_problem_on_the_forums.3F

Link to info that might help us help you.

Tim S.

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: JamesC on February 02, 2018, 10:42:15 am ---After using v13.12 CB for some 6 years on a complex project it now crashes after about 2 minutes compiling with the message "Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

--- End quote ---
Which executable crashes exactly? Codeblocks.exe? The compiler?

--- Quote from: JamesC on February 02, 2018, 10:42:15 am ---Any suggestions on how to remedy this occurance would be appreciated.

--- End quote ---
Just install the latest version. If the crash is in codeblocks.exe this might fix it. We don't run 13.12 (4 year old version) any more, so we don't know its problems/quirks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version