Author Topic: wxSmith isues  (Read 46161 times)

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
Re: wxSmith isues
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2018, 04:09:03 pm »
So can at least some of that features be added?

There is likely no core CB Dev person who is supporting wxSmith.

If you submit good patches, there is a good chance they will be applied.

Remember the patch should fix/add a single feature at a time.

Tim S.
Like, already mentioned, I am not the person to write such patches, as it goes more than over my skills.

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2018, 01:52:03 pm »
You have to compile codeblocks by yourself to get the latest features, or wait for a nightly build. At the moment only wxSpinCtrlDouble  is in trunk (https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/code/HEAD/tree/ ), for the StyledTextCtrl you have to wait until a developer has reviewed the code and pushed to trunk.

How to compile codeblocks from source: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Installing_Code::Blocks_from_source_on_Windows
But be aware, this is a old guide and you have to use the wx30 workspace and fix al paths and settings accordingly. I have lost my wiki password, and i don't get any answer from the admin so i can not fix the wiki entries...
So it´s much complicated, that I thought. I thought, that I have just to replace wxSmith stuff.
I personally not really interested in StyledTextCtrl, but since it was avaible in wxDev see no reason why it shouldn´t be suported in wxSmith. Also could you post the request for wxSimplebook there? The widget is also not a priority for me personally, but it´s the only mising book widget.
But wxSpinCtrlDouble will be avaible in the coming release version of Code::Blocks ?

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2018, 02:12:40 pm »
Yes, it is in the latest nightly

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2018, 11:47:39 am »
Yes, it is in the latest nightly
Glad to hear that. Any chace to see at least 1 of the other things from that list?

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2018, 02:42:01 pm »
    wxStyledTextCtrl missing fixed in https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/617/ <- this needs some approval of other devs
    wxGridBagSizer include is not correct <- should be doable, have to look into it
    start a clean framebased wxSmith project, without menu and status bars <- probably tons of work, no time at the moment
    set ScrollRate values for wxScrolledWindow in wxSmith <- have looked into it. But can not implement, because the default value is from sizer and if we add setScrollRate by hand this will break the nice dafault behaviour you get by using default values provided by sizer. Unless you can give me some way to add a nice default value i can not implement this
    wizard helping including xpms in Image editor <- there is a new feature that allows you to use normal, non embedded images in the trunk.
    generic version of common dialogs:  http://docs.wxwidgets.org/trunk/overview_cmndlg.html for example wxGenericColourDialog <- had not the time to look into it
    Editor dialog for editing columns in list control <- to time consuming at the moment
    Clone dialogs and panels <- to time consuming at the moment, but i would really like to make this happen
    wxSimplebook <- looked into it. Quite timeconsuming to implement... You have to add new dialogs for page management and so on... Need more time to learn the wxSmith source code to make this properly...

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2018, 03:00:08 pm »
Thanks for the answer. Like already mentioned I have no idea about wxSmith code, but for wxSimplebook, as its name saies, was thinking it shouldnt be so hard as wxNotebook code with some changes could be used.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2018, 03:07:26 pm »
Thanks for the answer. Like already mentioned I have no idea about wxSmith code, but for wxSimplebook, as its name saies, was thinking it shouldnt be so hard as wxNotebook code with some changes could be used.
Was thinking the same, but there are no tabs for this control, so how the wxSmith user selects the different tabs to view? --> New dialog.
How to trigger this dialog? There is no area in the SimpleNotebook that is not specifically for only this control. The client area fills the whole control so you have to detect from the client area if the parent is a SimpleNotebook and show the appropriate window. In the normal notebook there is the tab list at the top, where you can add all needed menus for notebook control (Add page, delete Page ecc)... As far as i can tell wxSmith does not support detection of the parent (or at least i need a lot more time to investigate, that i do not have)

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2018, 04:34:35 pm »
Was thinking the same, but there are no tabs for this control, so how the wxSmith user selects the different tabs to view? --> New dialog.
How to trigger this dialog? There is no area in the SimpleNotebook that is not specifically for only this control. The client area fills the whole control so you have to detect from the client area if the parent is a SimpleNotebook and show the appropriate window. In the normal notebook there is the tab list at the top, where you can add all needed menus for notebook control (Add page, delete Page ecc)... As far as i can tell wxSmith does not support detection of the parent (or at least i need a lot more time to investigate, that i do not have)
The user can select the tab in the resource view. In the resorce tree it´s looking like this:

book
 |
 |-tab1
 |
 |-tab2

and so on.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2018, 08:37:05 pm »
Don't know if wxSmith supports it, to modify the tree control context menu... Have to look into it...

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2018, 02:12:17 am »
wxSmith does not support right click in the tree control at the moment, but it would be possible to add custom controls to the quick edit panel... This would be a possibility...

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2018, 01:49:25 pm »
wxSmith does not support right click in the tree control at the moment, but it would be possible to add custom controls to the quick edit panel... This would be a possibility...
My post was more related to simplebook stuff.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2018, 04:26:08 pm »
My post was more related to simplebook stuff.
mine also. The Plugin does not support the modification of the right click in the resource tree control. You can try it out: Right click in the resource tree does not open a context menu... So you can not add a "add page" submenu entry, because there is no menu present... The solution would be the qick edit panel, but this is not intuitive... Nerveless i will try to implement it, but i give no guarantee...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 04:28:18 pm by BlueHazzard »