User forums > General (but related to Code::Blocks)

17.12 download for Debian / Ubuntu - broken dependencies

(1/2) > >>

awake:
There seem to be cross-dependency errors in the .deb files available for download - the -headers.deb depends on the -dev.deb, but the -dev.deb depends on the -headers.deb (not sure I'm remembering the exact files, but something like that).

stahta01:

--- Quote from: awake on January 05, 2018, 11:43:48 pm ---There seem to be cross-dependency errors in the .deb files available for download - the -headers.deb depends on the -dev.deb, but the -dev.deb depends on the -headers.deb (not sure I'm remembering the exact files, but something like that).

--- End quote ---

The normal install method uses *.deb to get around the issue.

Tim S.

awake:
Yes, of course. That's what I did; it didn't work, reporting cross dependencies.

jens:

--- Quote from: awake on January 06, 2018, 04:40:47 am ---Yes, of course. That's what I did; it didn't work, reporting cross dependencies.

--- End quote ---
I just uploaded a new version (17.12-1) that should fix it.
Can you test and give feedback ?

awake:
Jens, thanks for the update. This new version almost works - it breaks looking for libhunspell 1.4, but I have libhunspell 1.6 installed.

Out of curiosity, what version of wxWidgets is this compiled against?

Never mind, I ran it and saw that it is compiled against wx3.02. Based on minimal testing, it looks like it all works except for the spell checking plugin (not exactly a surprise, since libhunspell is the problem).

Presumably I could load the earlier version of libhunspell and get it all working right, but for the moment I'll compile it against wx3.03 and see how it runs ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version