User forums > Using Code::Blocks

gfortran TDM 5.1 problem

(1/2) > >>

gd_on:
I tried your new 17.12 C::B provided with gfortran (codeblocks-17.12mingw_fortran-setup.exe).
I think you should not distribute this gfortran version (TDM 5.1.0) because it is bugged (no such problem with TDM gcc 5.1.0).
This is not new. Version TDM 4.9.2 had not this bug. It has been corrected in official 5.2 version, and it works also with recent official versions. Its OK too with 6.4 reckless version (except a problem with an empty drive, but it's an other problem already signaled somewhere in the forum).
See the gfortran test case in attachment.
gd_on

BentL:

--- Quote from: gd_on on January 05, 2018, 10:52:05 am ---It has been corrected in official 5.2 version, and it works also with recent official versions.
--- End quote ---

According to this bug report:

https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=66861

this bug was introduced in version 5.1 and corrected in version 5.2.

The bug is in the version 5.1.0 of the file "libgfortran-3.dll" located in the default installation folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin

A newer version 5.3.0 of this file can be found in file "libgfortran-5.3.0-3-mingw32-dll-3.tar.xz" at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/Base/gcc/Version5/gcc-5.3.0-3/

This file can be opened in e.g. WinRar and version 5.3.0 of the file "libgfortran-3.dll" can be extracted. By replacing the existing version 5.1.0 file with the version 5.3.0 file in the default installation folder mentioned above, reading from files works again.

The gfortran test case in the attachment in the post above works now.

gd_on:
cool. 8)
nevertheless, mixing 5.1 and 5.3 gfortran versions may cause other problems (but may not  ::) ). I'll try that.
gd_on

karaul:
does not work in my case too

grem:
What about updating/replacing "codeblocks-17.12mingw_fortran-setup.exe" with updated TDM MinGW librariy as current binary contains such serious problem?

What will the replacement of TDM in future? Does it planning to replace it with MinGW64 as currently as I see the TDM development is frozen?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version