Author Topic: Error saving file  (Read 32262 times)

Offline Blacksheep

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Error saving file
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2017, 11:53:31 am »
Wooha, some progress here during my absence.

I can exclude that AV is responsible. Even the fact that the problem appeared AFTER implementing the creators update and nothing changed else it is very unlikely that AV is responsible. No matter how, I

- deactivated AV -> Problem still exist
- Made exceptions for Folders to save and codeblocks.exe -> Problem still exist
- Deinstalled AV -> Problem still exists

Again: There MUST be any change within the creators update which cause this symptom. Interesting fact: Installing a new machine with the latest ISO (includes the creator update) does not lead to this issue. So only updated machines will be affected.

I will monitor this thread now on a daily basis. Let me know if you need more traces / logs.

Offline wadhere

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2017, 04:46:28 pm »
I found the issue - on my PC's

After AVG antivirus deinstalled the issue was the same as before . I was not able to save the files .

But on this both win10 machine's an additional security SW is running: "Malwarebytes Antiransomware". After deactivating this I'm able to store the files.

In this tools it is possible to exclude folder or files (see attachment). With excluding my projectfolder everything works as it should.

Now the AVG antivirus is installed again and in the Malwarebytes-tool my project folders excluded from monitoring. With this configuration it works.

Lot of thanks for your help !

If the log files are still interesting for you , with and without activation the Ransomeware protection , than of course I'll try to log this.

best regards "wadhere"

Add: After reboot the the Malwarebyte tool generate the same problem - also with excluding the project folder. So I deactivate this tool complete ...than it works.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 05:32:45 pm by wadhere »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2017, 07:42:03 pm »
I found the issue - on my PC's

After AVG antivirus deinstalled the issue was the same as before . I was not able to save the files .

But on this both win10 machine's an additional security SW is running: "Malwarebytes Antiransomware". After deactivating this I'm able to store the files.

In this tools it is possible to exclude folder or files (see attachment). With excluding my projectfolder everything works as it should.

Now the AVG antivirus is installed again and in the Malwarebytes-tool my project folders excluded from monitoring. With this configuration it works.

Lot of thanks for your help !

If the log files are still interesting for you , with and without activation the Ransomeware protection , than of course I'll try to log this.

best regards "wadhere"

Add: After reboot the the Malwarebyte tool generate the same problem - also with excluding the project folder. So I deactivate this tool complete ...than it works.
Good to know. I am glad you found the reason. Thanks for sharing!

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6P mit Tapatalk

Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2017, 11:56:33 pm »
I will monitor this thread now on a daily basis. Let me know if you need more traces / logs.
If you still have problems, and if you are willing to provide a log, then a log from process explorer (microsoft internals) with a filter on your problematic file would be nice. The problematic file has probably the name "main.c.temp"

Offline Blacksheep

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2017, 05:21:28 pm »
Confirmed.

Malwarebytes Antiransomware was the problem. Still do not understand why this happened after installing the Windows Creator Update. Malwarebytes Antiransomware was running for a year without issues.

However, problem solved.

Offline rbatoon

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2018, 09:44:09 pm »
Can also confirm that Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware was the problem.
Submitting info to Malwarebytes.