Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

wxPdfDocument: Error while compiling with wxgtk-3.0 - 'fontconfig/fontconfig.h'

<< < (3/3)

stahta01:

--- Quote from: demetrioussharpe on December 06, 2017, 01:44:58 am ---
--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on December 05, 2017, 08:24:25 pm ---I don't see the error messages there...

--- End quote ---

In the third pastebin, you should see "src/pdffontmanager.cpp:51:12: fatal error: 'fontconfig/fontconfig.h' file not found".

--- Quote ---What version are you building?

--- End quote ---

17.XX

--- Quote ---Why is fontconfig in /usr/local/? On most systems it is not in the default search paths and it is possible that we ignore --includedir=/usr/local/include/.

--- End quote ---

GhostBSD is a derivative of FreeBSD. I can only assume that it's in "/usr/local/include" because that's where FreeBSD puts it. However, you know what they say about assumptions. Why ignore "--includedir" while publishing it as a configure option?

--- End quote ---

Has anyone tested the "--includedir" option in CB configure lately; I did NOT know it existed.

Tim S.

demetrioussharpe:

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on December 05, 2017, 11:04:50 pm ---Better would be to zip, gz or 7zip it and upload it here.

--- End quote ---

I'll do that next time.

--- Quote ---if so you have to modify your command and store also the error stream:

--- Code: ---make > build.log 2> error.log
--- End code ---
or put all in one file

--- Code: ---make > build.log 2>&1
--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

I received an error while attempting to use both of those commands:  Ambiguous output redirect.
I now realize that FreeBSD (& derivatives) use CSH as the shell, so I'm waiting on the next build attempt to finish.

demetrioussharpe:

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on December 05, 2017, 11:04:50 pm ---Thank you for your collaboration!

--- End quote ---

Are most newcomers not collaborative? I'm just happy that you all are willing to help me on this. I tried in IRC (a few months ago) and couldn't get much help. I appreciate every one of you for helping me!

demetrioussharpe:
This time, I build with redirection using this:  make |& cat > cb_17_xx_build.log

This command redirects both stdout & stderr into the build log. The log's text size is 6.9kB.

demetrioussharpe:
In the Makefile for xcPdfDocument ("/home/adsharpesr/huge/tools/development/ide/release-17.xx/src/plugins/contrib/source_exporter/wxPdfDocument/Makefile"), on line 251, there's this:

CB_FONTCONFIG_CFLAGS = -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/freetype2

I would imagine that it should be able to find "/usr/local/include/fontconfig/fontconfig.h".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version