Author Topic: plugins installation & guide  (Read 12594 times)

Offline hamedliar

• Single posting newcomer
plugins installation & guide
« on: November 21, 2017, 02:14:06 pm »
hello everyone!!
I'm new here. and new to codeblocks. I'm learning C programming and I have a quick questions....
what plugins must be installed in codeblocks..?
where to find and download plugins?
how to install and use them?
and anything else I have to install beside plugins..?
I tried to install plugins by plugins/manage plugins since there are no build-ins.  I then googled and i saw codeblocks/plugins page but its only a WIKI page there is no download option.
please help!!!
platform windows 7

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: plugins installation & guide
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 03:07:44 pm »
download a release package from the codeblocks site, if you a re a beginner you start better with a bundled compiler: http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/16.01/Windows/codeblocks-16.01mingw-setup.exe

All needed plugins come with this installer... If you have some other needs you have to tell us....

And please... Don't change the font of the forum entry without reason. If you have difficulties to read you can enlarge it on your computer, but please don't do this for others...

Offline hamedliar

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 11:34:41 pm »
Thanks bluehazzard!!
sorry for the font size. ;D
I had already installed and using the same version of code blocks that you had shared.
still didn't get what I needed. where can I find this released plugins on codeblocks site?
for example I'm learning from videos, and they are using auto completion code and other cool stuff. I need all those time savings plugins to be installed in codeblocks!!
I already tried searching plugins and I always ended up to this page
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Code::Blocks_Plugins
YouTube doesn't help either,all I found is how to change the theme in CB
probably I had doing it all wrong..
could you please reply with a released plugins download page? or a video link to help me OR some screenshots of installing plugins( also source of download)
also some one please share a crash course (free)video of C programming with I like to learn by examples (programs or practically) 
forgive my English and my manners.
thank you!!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 11:41:27 pm by hamedliar »

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 12:46:39 am »
Normally there should all plugins be shipped with codeblocks. We don't have any separate download link for the plugins... Can you start codeblocks with the command arguments
Code
--verbose --debug-log
enabled?
if you dont know what command arguments are:  https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/understanding-command-line-arguments-and-how-to-use-them/

With this switches enabled:
Can you copy and paste the content of the "Code::Blocks" tab from the "logs & others" window? Are there any errors?
Can you copy and paste the content of the "Code::Blocks Debug" tab from the "logs & others" window? Are there any errors?

please post the logs in code tags (the # symbol in the forum editor)

Are there any files in /INSTALL/DIR/OF/CODEBLOCKS/share/Codeblocks ?

Offline hamedliar

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 01:32:03 am »
Normally there should all plugins be shipped with codeblocks. We don't have any separate download link for the plugins... Can you start codeblocks with the command arguments
Code
--verbose --debug-log
enabled?
if you dont know what command arguments are:  https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/understanding-command-line-arguments-and-how-to-use-them/

With this switches enabled:
Can you copy and paste the content of the "Code::Blocks" tab from the "logs & others" window? Are there any errors?
Can you copy and paste the content of the "Code::Blocks Debug" tab from the "logs & others" window? Are there any errors?

please post the logs in code tags (the # symbol in the forum editor)

Are there any files in /INSTALL/DIR/OF/CODEBLOCKS/share/Codeblocks ?

Sorry but  I don't understand what i'm supposed to do.?

#||=== Build file: "no target" in "no project" (compiler: unknown) ===|
||=== Build finished: 0 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s)) ===|

there are some files in that directory.
and what about the command arguments( i had used couple off arguments in cmd)
and what switches enable ?
if you want you can solve my problems with teamviewr??

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 06:09:25 am »
You might need to rerun the Code::Blocks installer and make sure you have the plugin-installation enabled.

Offline hamedliar

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 03:51:27 pm »
You might need to rerun the Code::Blocks installer and make sure you have the plugin-installation enabled.
thank you!!
it helps.
i may have choosen editor or other mode while installation. :-[
but now i re installed with full-mode.  now i can see some installed plugins in plugin tab.. :) :)