User forums > Help

Code autocompletion hangs Code::Blocks

<< < (3/4) > >>

oBFusCATed:
Nope, I doubt the problem is in UnfocusablePopupWindow.
But we need some way to reproduce this problem on something different than debian.
I'm using gentoo and have several ubuntu vms setup, so if you can reproduce this in some ubuntu it might make it easier for me to debug.

Also what desktop env/wm are you using?

Another thing:
Can you enable asan or use valgrind to see if there is some memory corruption somewhere?
What are the values of the variables at the moment of the crash (this, other locals and members)?

Totoxa:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on December 24, 2017, 02:07:38 pm ---Nope, I doubt the problem is in UnfocusablePopupWindow.
But we need some way to reproduce this problem on something different than debian.
I'm using gentoo and have several ubuntu vms setup, so if you can reproduce this in some ubuntu it might make it easier for me to debug.

Also what desktop env/wm are you using?

Another thing:
Can you enable asan or use valgrind to see if there is some memory corruption somewhere?
What are the values of the variables at the moment of the crash (this, other locals and members)?

--- End quote ---

Ok, tell me what version of Ubuntu should I setup in a VM to try to reproduce the problem.

I'm using GNOME in Debian testing, I will try to get something from valgrind (I have never used it).

Thanks

oBFusCATed:
I think I have 17.04...

oBFusCATed:
Any progress with reproducing this on ubuntu?

Totoxa:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on January 06, 2018, 12:27:26 pm ---Any progress with reproducing this on ubuntu?

--- End quote ---

Sorry, I completely forgot about this, the forums doesn't send email notifications?.

Fortunately another C::B user was also hit by this problem and solved it [1]. I noticed because a bug report on kicad [2].

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/701/
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1767848

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version