User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Code::Blocks try to open .obj libs, but not .lib?

(1/3) > >>

alt + 255:
(in first, I'm french so this not will be a perfect english)

Hi,
I've tried to configure the visual studio compiler for code::blocks, and after a few try, I have edited some .xml files in the code::blocks folder, now everything works except one thing : when I build my project, the compiler say "can't find library_name.obj". The problem is that every of my libraries have a .lib extention, and in the parameters, and the .xml files, it seems to have ".obj" nowhere so... Can you explain to me why code::blocks adds ".obj" at the end of my libraries ? I will try to change this after understanding

Thanks for help me

oBFusCATed:
*.obj is an object file. It is produced by compiling source files. They are not containing libraries.

So if you're getting library_name.obj then you have a library_name.cpp in your project.
For more information read this:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/FAQ-Compiling_(errors)#Q:_How_do_I_troubleshoot_a_compiler_problem.3F

sodev:
There is no need to edit any XML file to use msvc compiler with CodeBlocks. You probably messed up something real good now, you better revert your changes.

The Visual Studio 2010 compiler template of CodeBlocks is a good start, if you are using a newer version you have to adjust some paths and add some options, there should be a post from me somewhere here on the forum explaining the setup, i just cant dig it up currently, small screen and keyboard on cell phone (lame excuses, im lazy ;D)

alt + 255:
I know how to use the MSVC compiler with code::blocks, but there was a problem with the resource compiler, I just edited the resource compiler line on .xml files.
And the problem is not that I have .obj files, the problem is that code::blocks search the .obj files, but I want it to search .lib files, and I don't know how...

oBFusCATed:
Then post a patch with your changes, so more people could benefit from them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version