User forums > Help

Error saving file

<< < (2/8) > >>

Blacksheep:

--- Quote from: Miguel Gimenez on November 01, 2017, 09:24:39 pm ---Microsoft decided some folders (like My documents) should be protected from non secure apps, so you can't update your files without their consent. This is called Controlled Folder Access and supposedly is disable by default. The second link explains how to activate it, but of course it also serves to deactivate it. F**k Microsoft  >:(.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/10/23/fyi_windows_10_ransomware_protection/
https://betanews.com/2017/10/24/windows-10-fall-creators-update-controlled-folder-access/

--- End quote ---

Basically this feature is a good one. Any executable not being trusted is not able to manipulate files (e.g. encrypt). I am not sure if this is really the reason for the observed behaviour, it's just my assumption. I will tomorrow setup a VM with Win 10 and test again if the problem really happens after installing the latest windows creator update.

By the way: The windows creator update is being rolled out since some days. If I am right the problem will affect many users running win 10

Blacksheep:
Hm, I tried to reproduce the problem in a VM.

- Installed latest Win10 iso in a VM
- Installed codeblocks

I can save changed files without issues. So the problem appears to be local

Thanks for reading and commenting

0_0:

--- Quote from: Blacksheep on November 02, 2017, 09:37:52 am ---Hm, I tried to reproduce the problem in a VM.

- Installed latest Win10 iso in a VM
- Installed codeblocks

I can save changed files without issues. So the problem appears to be local

Thanks for reading and commenting

--- End quote ---

I think I encountered the same problem as you did. I have checked that microsoft windows 10 is updated already.

How do you use a vm?

Blacksheep:
I installed Virtualbox (virtualbox.org), created a VM, mounted a Windows10 Iso as a DVD in the VM and so on.

BlueHazzard:
isn't the creator update rolled out only in batches? Can you confirm that you have the update installed?
I personally don't think this is the main cause of this problem, because it would make the pc rater useless if i can not modify any files created by other programs....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version