Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

Build problem for : NassiShneiderman

(1/5) > >>

killerbot:
I have a linux distro where the plug-in fails to build, it can not find the boost system library, I think, because it claims the needed symbols out of that library are not found.

Initially I was suspecting the cause that (when looking into the makeflie) :

--- Code: ---libNassiShneiderman_la_LIBADD = ../../../sdk/libcodeblocks.la $(WX_LIBS) $(BOOST_SYSTEM_LIB)

--- End code ---

that $(BOOST_SYSTEM_LIB) was empty/not defined and assuming it was not on succeeding builds.

Next I checked another linux distro where it does build, too my surprise there also $(BOOST_SYSTEM_LIB) was empty/not defined.

Anyone else having similar problems ?

stahta01:

--- Quote from: killerbot on October 31, 2017, 02:59:02 pm ---I have a linux distro where the plug-in fails to build, it can not find the boost system library, I think, because it claims the needed symbols out of that library are not found.

Initially I was suspecting the cause that (when looking into the makeflie) :

--- Code: ---libNassiShneiderman_la_LIBADD = ../../../sdk/libcodeblocks.la $(WX_LIBS) $(BOOST_SYSTEM_LIB)

--- End code ---

that $(BOOST_SYSTEM_LIB) was empty/not defined and assuming it was not on succeeding builds.

Next I checked another linux distro where it does build, too my surprise there also $(BOOST_SYSTEM_LIB) was empty/not defined.

Anyone else having similar problems ?

--- End quote ---

On, windows someone implied the newest boost version required the boost library to built.
In the past, the parts of Boost used by CB did not require building of the boost libs.

Tim S.

LETARTARE:
Bonjour,
I faced the same problem with 'Kubuntu 16.04-LTS-amd64'  to compile plugins 'C::B-11210'.
I have added packages : 'libboost-dev' and  'libboost-system'  to compile ' NassiShneiderman'.
Good continuation

oBFusCATed:
Why aren't you posting any error messages?
Now we have to guess what the real error is.

killerbot:
will do, when I am at the other machine.

I think it will be like Tim said, now suddenly some boost header only starts to have a dependency on the boost system library which needs to be build. Andthe installed boost versions is indeed a difference on my linux systems.

The fun thing though is that the makefile more or less was already participating that (or someone just did some cpy/paste without knowing why), 1 thing is sure, the Makefile does not search for, or find the value for the $(BOOST_SYSTEM_LIB), because that one is for sure installed on all my linux boxes.

So in the end the plug-in will start to fail to build on more and more linux systems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version