User forums > Help

Go to word end instead begin of next word - Key bindings

(1/2) > >>

ikk:
Hi.
About Ctrl+Righ and Ctrl+Left keyboard commands for caret position in Text Editor.
They work slightly different in Linux and in Windows C::B versions (as of v16.01).
In Windows Ctrl+Right moves caret to current word end before going to the next word.

Is it possible to create keyboard shortcut, in Linux version, to work like in Windows version?

I don't mind if it would be done through editing config files, doesn't have to be in options or in menu.
I looked at source code and noticed Scintilla library. Is it possible to change it's configuration for the current C::B version.

oBFusCATed:
Have you tried a recent night build?
I'm not sure where this difference comes from, because we use the same component for the editor on windows and on linux.

ikk_:
No, not nighty builds. Its 16.01 official.
Windows version is  from downloads from SF on the main page
And linux version is: "codeblocks - 16.01~ubuntu12.04.1" - links from the main page then from launchpad website.
In Linux version Ctrl+Right worked like that on old C::B v13.12 too.

(I'm posting from new account because of email reset issue.).

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: ikk_ on October 17, 2017, 09:35:19 pm ---In Linux version Ctrl+Right worked like that on old C::B v13.12 too.

--- End quote ---
What do you mean by this?
That 13.12 moved the cursor to the end of the word on ctrl-right?

ikk_:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on October 18, 2017, 01:22:56 am ---
--- Quote from: ikk_ on October 17, 2017, 09:35:19 pm ---In Linux version Ctrl+Right worked like that on old C::B v13.12 too.

--- End quote ---
What do you mean by this?
That 13.12 moved the cursor to the end of the word on ctrl-right?

--- End quote ---
I'm sorry I was no clear about it.  i meant that it was consistent on both C::B for Linux, it worked in the same way. That is, Ctrl+Right is moving caret to the next word begin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version