Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

[linux] Plugin does not get installed correctly after uninstall

(1/2) > >>

BlueHazzard:
Hi,
If i uninstall a plugin, and reinstall it again with a *.cbplugin file, i get a error message that the plugin is not installed correctly. After closing codeblocks and reopening it, the plugin works correctly. As far as i can tell all resources are copied correctly and the library is loaded, but the

--- Code: ---namespace
{
    PluginRegistrant<pluginname> reg(_T("pluginname"));
}

--- End code ---
is not called and for this m_RegisteredPlugins in sdk/pluginmamager.cpp:1025 is empty and for this the plugin is not detected as loaded.

To reproduce:
1) Create a *.cbplugin archive
2) Install the plugin over Plugins->Manage plugins...->Install
3) Close codeblocks
4) open codeblocks
5) Uninstall the plugin over Plugins->Manage plugins...->Uninstall
6) Reinstall the plugin over Plugins->Manage plugins...->Install

can someone reproduce this?

oBFusCATed:
Windows or linux?

BlueHazzard:
linux only

[Edit:] On windows you get a error message about the current resource zip archive is still in memory. But this is a different bug, not related to this and i remember to have fixed it a long time ago...

ollydbg:
Works fine under Windows(latest nightly build).

But I see a crash after I uninstall the BrowserTrack plugin, and click the "install new" button.  :(
So, I have to restart C::B, and install it again. 

EDIT: I just tried it again, I see that C::B always crash when I uninstall the BrowseTrack plugin.

EDIT2: I tried Abbreviation plugin, only a Error message shown up, see screen shot below:

ollydbg:
This is related issue: issue about Memory VFS already contains file xxx when re-enable a plugin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version