User forums > Help

Codeblocks Error "Failed to convert xxx file" when running threadsearch plugin

(1/3) > >>

ollydbg:
Hi, do you guys see this issue? I'm using the latest nightly build version.
I see this day by day, here is the screen shot, search one the forum I get such post about ten years ago. Codeblocks Error "Failed to convert file", but the post said we have to add a second parameter to the file.Open() function, but when I search the ThreadSearch's source code, they all have the second argument.

ollydbg:
I did some further test, it looks like this issue only happens on wx2.8 based C::B, my self build C::B which is wx3.1 based don't show this error message.

To test this issue, you can directly run threadsearch on the file "sdk\resources\lexers\lexer_powershell.sample". While, I also see that in my wx2.8, I can't open the file in the build-in editor, the editor just shows empty content. While under wx3.1 based C::B, I can correctly open the file under the buildl-in editor.

BlueHazzard:
i too get this error many times, but only on wx3.0 builds... It is really annoying, for example if you search in *.* and you have some .bmp files in it... But i never investigated into it..

oBFusCATed:
You cannot open a bmp in a cbeditor and this is what threadsearch tries to do. Not sure why. Probably to do correct encoding detection. I've not investigated, too.

ollydbg:
Is it possible to translate those message box(dialog) to some logs, because the message box is so annoying, while I can live with the logs. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version