User forums > Help

Codeblocks does not auto indent when Enter key is pressed (On Fedora 26)

(1/2) > >>

bolevole:
Looks like this is old issue: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=19988.0

Example:

--- Code: ---int main()
{//Cursor here
--- End code ---

After pressing Enter:

{
//Cursor here
--- End code ---

Should be:

{
    //Cursor here

--- End code ---

Package is from official repo
Problem does not happen with svn 11146 on Ubuntu 17.04
Problem does not happen with codeblocks 16.01 installed from repo (Ubuntu 17.04)

Settings in Editor->General Setting->Indent Options are the same in all three cases

It is kinda annoying since I am used to auto indent

Jenna:
Are you sure it's from RPMFusion ?
I do not find it there.

Your example (one curly brace and cursor after it) works for me as you expect it.
The example from the old thread you linked to (two curly braces and the cursor between both), does not work.
But the autocompletion (type the left brace and get both and the cursor placed with indentation in the line between them, like ollydbg's example) works fine here.

Code::Blocks from my copr (see signature).

bolevole:

--- Quote from: jens on October 01, 2017, 11:41:26 pm ---Are you sure it's from RPMFusion ?
I do not find it there.

Your example (one curly brace and cursor after it) works for me as you expect it.
The example from the old thread you linked to (two curly braces and the cursor between both), does not work.
But the autocompletion (type the left brace and get both and the cursor placed with indentation in the line between them, like ollydbg's example) works fine here.

Code::Blocks from my copr (see signature).

--- End quote ---

You are right, for some reason could not install it first time so I installed rpmfusion packages then codeblocks, probably mistyped.
It is from official repo
I linked post because first problem is similar to mine(two curly braces)

Jenna:
Official repo has 16.01, can you try a nightly build from my copr and see if it works better ?

bolevole:

--- Quote from: jens on October 02, 2017, 06:49:05 am ---Official repo has 16.01, can you try a nightly build from my copr and see if it works better ?

--- End quote ---

Well problem still exists, I installed from your copr rev. 11146
I should note that fedora 26 is running inside VirtualBox

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version