Author Topic: Code::Blocks Linux Stability Issues, Solutions?  (Read 9731 times)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Code::Blocks Linux Stability Issues, Solutions?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 08:15:45 pm »
I was able to make it happen twice. I'm not 100% sure what causes it, but I'm certain it's another wxWidgets issue.
I doubt it is wxwidgets issue.

I think it had something to do with it trying to show the arguments for the function I was writing, in this case printf() and trying to do code completion at the same time, in this case looking for SDL_GetError(). That's my best guess.
Yes it is related to the showing of the tooltip with the function arguments.
Can you try to find a reliable way to crash it?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Spirrwell

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Code::Blocks Linux Stability Issues, Solutions?
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 02:11:52 am »
Er I guess to better phrase I'm certain it's an issue related to wxWidgets, not with wxWidgets itself. But anyway, I can't seem to come up with a reliable way to crash it.

I tried creating a small project to try and replicate this issue in a simpler environment and haven't been able to yet. I think it might just be because it's hard to do. My theory is that since the code completion seems to require at least 3 letters to start working that it just simply requires incredibly fast typing to make the tooltip for function arguments and the tooltip for code completion happen at the same time to cause a crash.

I wish I could come up with a more reliable way to crash it. Sorry about that :/